Morristown West

ptc27

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ptc27:

If you are a David Crockett fan/player, you got to see up close and personal how good the Trojans are this year.  They beat Crockett in the Happy Valley tournament today by about 35 points.  A great matchup tommorrow at 5:30 is Elizabethton-Morristown West.  Can the AA cyclones stay with the AAA powerful Trojans??

825453839[/snapback]

TheIceMan,

I am from West Tennessee, and was just interested in Morristown basketball. Could be making a move to that area. I have a friend living there and he told me that there were two high schools in Morristown--East and West. It looks like West has the better girl's b-ball team. I have a daughter playing now in high school, who also plays AAU. I was just doing some homework if the move happens. Any other info would be helpful.

Thanks.

PTC27,

You might consider living in Jefferson County. They have a very good basketball program at the High School, Morristown actually bumps up against the Jeff County line. If you are going to be working in the area, Jeff County could make as much sense as Morristown.

How old is your daughter, and who does she play AAU for? My daughter plays AAU also, and is a freshmen at Jeff County this year.

TheIceMan,

I am from West Tennessee, and was just interested in Morristown basketball.  Could be making a move to that area.  I have a friend living there and he told me that there were two high schools in Morristown--East and West.  It looks like West has the better girl's b-ball team.  I have a daughter playing now in high school, who also plays AAU.  I was just doing some homework if the move happens.  Any other info would be helpful. 

Thanks.

825453940[/snapback]

If I were interested in a bball program for my kids I would head to Greeneville.Their girls team has a definite coaching advantage in Lynn Burkey...his 18u aau team came in second in the nationals this year .

I think that all 3 programs are probably the best 3 in the area by far. I'm going to be partial to Jeff. Co. b/c I'm an alum, but in either Jeff. Co., West, or Greeneville you can't go wrong with girls basketball. All three have great coaches who respect one another especially Greeneville and Jeff Co.'s coaching staffs. PTC I'm sure Coach Potts would love to have your daughter become a Lady Patriot and Jeff. Co. is a great school. You might just want to check your options, but if you are dead set on Morristown West then good luck and we'll see you probably 3 times a year.

I am sure sports is not your only criteria for selecting a school. If you look into these school academically you are likely to find them pretty much equal. I would have to give Greeneville the edge in the fine-arts department though with their award winning band and choral music programs. It 's not often you have more than a third of the student body involved in a schools music programs. I am partial to Lynn Buykey,s coaching style, though... almost wish I had another daughter playing ball... heck I'd like to play for him myself.

The biggest selling point?

You can't get decent cell service in GreenevilleB)

Just kidding Barb, but really, I always have trouble with my cell service when we come to visit!

825464000[/snapback]

I can stand on my front porch in the northern part of Greene county and see 7 cell towers.Thinking about cancelling our landline since we have this new-fangled cable moden doohickey...

Maybe you should just consider your visit a G'Vegas vacation and turn it off!!!