Best Players In Single A

DukeBlue

Ok ok ok...never fear because GradfromtheNest is here!  thumb

And all you CoachT regulars know I can't stand Boyd Buc one lick.

BUUUTTTTT.....Matt Peardon is by far the best player/running back/athlete/water drinker, etc, you get my point, in class A.

And footballrox, Peardon is NOT fast.  I don't care what you say.  I could prob beat him in the 40 and reaction knows how fast I am.  But Peardon has awesome vision, great quickness and agility, and he is the second hardest person to tackle in the state in all classifications - behind Oak Ridge's runninback Spencer Gulmire (who is the best running back in TN right now).  And don't even start on him....cause I'm a fan from Region 2-5A...and not OR either!

So whoever this Woody kid is, or whatever his name is, him and DCA have another thing coming if they think they can stop the Boys in Blue from bringing Chatt-town their second straight class A championship!  B)

825461317[/snapback]

couldnt of said it better...coming from a true boyd hater...if grad says something like this it has to be true :)...guess they will just have to wait and see for there own eyes...he istn mr.footballf or nothing..and its not like dca got overlooked b/c they won the lineman of the year...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA played against BB last year and they were very impressed with PEARDON.

However, they thought COLIN BODIFORD of Fayette Academy was much

better last year (AND FASTER).......

We will see how fast PEARDON is this year.  The option gave DCA trouble

when they played Wayne County a few weeks ago.

825460734[/snapback]

I saw the Bodiford kid and Peardon against DCA last year and Bodiford was much faster. He should have won Mr. Football then. As for this year, I'm sure Peardon is very deserving of the award. I haven't seen him play but his stats were outstanding. Wooden is a phenomenal runner with a combination of strength, speed, quickness and vision. Who's better? We'll see Friday.

As for the option giving DCA trouble against Wayne Co., keep in mind it was the veer option which is blocked a completely different way up front. That is what gave DCA trouble. That and #7 at QB. Talk about being hard to tackle. I'm sure Akin is fine QB but I would be surprised if he could run through tackles like this kid.

I saw the Bodiford kid and Peardon against DCA last year and Bodiford was much faster. He should have won Mr. Football then. As for this year, I'm sure Peardon is very deserving of the award. I haven't seen him play but his stats were outstanding. Wooden is a phenomenal runner with a combination of strength, speed, quickness and vision. Who's better? We'll see Friday.

As for the option giving DCA trouble against Wayne Co., keep in mind it was the veer option which is blocked a completely different way up front. That is what gave DCA trouble. That and #7 at QB. Talk about being hard to tackle. I'm sure Akin is fine QB but I would be surprised if he could run through tackles like this kid.

825461564[/snapback]

The kid from Wayne County is Joseph Ruddle. He is one of the strongest kids I have ever seen.He almost single handedly beat DCA. Wayne Co. just didn't have a defense.I hope the Ruddle kid can go and play somewhere next year.It would be a shame if he didn't.I think this kid could be a very productive football player in college.

It's really hard to compare teams from the east side of the bracket and teams from the west. The two rarely cross until you get to the state championship. Traditionally the west has been much stronger, and Region 5 is the the toughest region in the state (DCA and CPA are both from region 5). What seems great to the east side of the bracket may not compare with whats happening on the west side. Boyd is always a tough school, and they usually carry the eastern bracket however, almost all of the top 10 statewide in 1A were from the west.

Grad, I respect your opinion, but I ask you to listen to mine and see the info I present. I saw Boyd and Coalfield play last Fri. while I was in from West Tn. to visit family over the break. I agree that Peardon is one of the best RB in Class A. He is definitely not one of the best overall athletes. He is a hard nosed player who makes the most of his ability. Now on to the subject of DCA. They are IMO the best class A team in the state and odds on favorite to win Friday. They have steamrolled through the playoffs beating very good opponents along the way. MT. Pleasant and USJ were very good teams. Boyd has not had the same tuff road through the playoffs. As I said earlier after seeing Coalfield they would of been hard pressed to get out of the first round in WEst TN this year. Anyway USJ's defense was allowing less than 10 points a game and DCA put up over 30+( do not remember the exact score right now off the top of my head). Wooden ran over, around and through one of the best Defenses in West TN. USJ plays a tough schedule with games against Northside in Jackson, Southside, Riverside along with their region games and Bruceton. So I feel that this game may have a larger margin of victory than one might expect. I feel DCA will win but we will find out Friday.

Grad, I respect your opinion, but I ask you to listen to mine and see the info I present. I saw Boyd and Coalfield play last Fri. while I was in from West Tn. to visit family over the break. I agree that Peardon is one of the best RB in Class A. He is definitely not one of the best overall athletes. He is a hard nosed player who makes the most of his ability. Now on to the subject of DCA. They are IMO the best class A team in the state and odds on favorite to win Friday. They have steamrolled through the playoffs beating very good opponents along the way. MT. Pleasant and USJ were very good teams. Boyd has not had the same tuff road through the playoffs. As I said earlier after seeing Coalfield they would of been hard pressed to get out of the first round in WEst TN this year. Anyway USJ's defense was allowing less than 10 points a game and DCA put up over 30+( do not remember the exact score right now off the top of my head). Wooden ran over, around and through one of the best Defenses in West TN.  USJ plays a tough schedule with games against Northside in Jackson, Southside, Riverside  along with their region games and Bruceton. So I feel that this game may have a larger margin of victory than one might expect. I feel DCA will win but we will find out Friday.

825463090[/snapback]

Look, I respect your opinion. And I wasn't being completely serious in my post. People from around here know I'm not a BoydBuc fan...or really a 1A fan. In Boyd's defense though, the way they played against Coalfield is no indication of how good they really are. Every good team plays down to their competition's level at least once a season. It never fails...you get a top team playing a nobody, and the nobody keeps it close. Coalfield was that nobody....It'll be a good game this week in the Boro...I'll be watching it on the tube. I NEVER cheer for the Bucs because they think they can play with Ooltewah, McCallie, Soddy, etc over here in the east....but I will cheer for them this time....this once! thumb

Look, I respect your opinion.  And I wasn't being completely serious in my post.  People from around here know I'm not a BoydBuc fan...or really a 1A fan.  In Boyd's defense though, the way they played against Coalfield is no indication of how good they really are.  Every good team plays down to their competition's level at least once a season.  It never fails...you get a top team playing a nobody, and the nobody keeps it close.  Coalfield was that nobody....It'll be a good game this week in the Boro...I'll be watching it on the tube.  I NEVER cheer for the Bucs because they think they can play with Ooltewah, McCallie, Soddy, etc over here in the east....but I will cheer for them this time....this once!  thumb

825463509[/snapback]

You saw the same thing I did. They took it easy on Coalfield. I think they could have scored at least 3 more TD's than they did.

Look, I respect your opinion.  And I wasn't being completely serious in my post.  People from around here know I'm not a BoydBuc fan...or really a 1A fan.  In Boyd's defense though, the way they played against Coalfield is no indication of how good they really are.  Every good team plays down to their competition's level at least once a season.  It never fails...you get a top team playing a nobody, and the nobody keeps it close.  Coalfield was that nobody....It'll be a good game this week in the Boro...I'll be watching it on the tube.  I NEVER cheer for the Bucs because they think they can play with Ooltewah, McCallie, Soddy, etc over here in the east....but I will cheer for them this time....this once!  thumb

825463509[/snapback]

Gotta take issue with the Coalfield was a nobody. You've dissed Coalfield all season which is your perogative, but the fact is that Coalfield and Greenback are the two schools with the most tradition in East TN. They played BBS a very good game. Credit where credit is due, BBS is good. As for the nobody statement here are the facts re: Coalfield Football. They finally got over the hump this year but they have been around a lot longer than these upstart programs.

COALFIELD FOOTBALL

Playoff Years: 1979,1981,1987,1989,1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,2000,2001,2002,

Years in Playoffs: 17

1 State baseball championship and numerous trips to the play offs in that sport.

Oh, my they beat a couple West/Middle Tennessee teams to take that home.

Nester, go find your own tradition and leave ours out of it.

You saw the same thing I did. They took it easy on Coalfield. I think they could have scored at least 3 more TD's than they did.

825463557[/snapback]

Gotta take issue with the Coalfield was a nobody. You've dissed Coalfield all season which is your perogative, but the fact is that Coalfield and Greenback are the two schools with the most tradition in East TN. They played BBS a very good game. Credit where credit is due, BBS is good.  As for the nobody statement here are the facts re: Coalfield Football. They finally got over the hump this year but they have been around a lot longer than these upstart programs.

COALFIELD FOOTBALL

Playoff Years: 1979,1981,1987,1989,1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,2000,2001,2002,

Years in Playoffs: 17

1 State baseball championship and numerous trips to the play offs in that sport.

Oh, my they beat a couple West/Middle Tennessee teams to take that home.

Nester, go find your own tradition and leave ours out of it.

825463831[/snapback]

First off krp, I never said Boyd Buc took it easy on Coalfield....they just played down to their competition's level.

Also, I apologize for using the wrong word. I should not have said Coalfield is a nobody. Clearly to be in the state semi-finals, you've got to be somebody. But that basically proves my overall point about Single A. It doesn't take much to get there. With that said though, I know most Single A schools don't have much to choose from. Giving Coalfield some credit though, they are a public school...they make what they can of what they're given. And I respect their program and tradition for that. Boyd Buc and DCA can get anyone from anywhere....there are many good Buc players that don't even live in Chattanooga! But that's TSSAA, so no sense in even arguing.