Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

I don't think you helped them for OUR offense.  I don't think my QB will be there unless he is in the stands.  :rolleyes:  We got some pressure on the QB but he got rid of the ball quickly.  I stand by the statement that they have a better offense than White HouseWhite House (although very good) just didn't have the athletes at receiver that Fulton does.  It isn't close.  Maybe they will have an off day...or turn the ball over.  In the 2nd half of our game...they were difficult to defend.  You have to take advantage of opportunities against them.  We didn't do that.  Maybe Greenbrier can.  If Greenbrier doesn't throw effectively...I don't see them running over Fulton.

825466173[/snapback]

LOL... What do you mean by "they just didn't have the athletes"? Explain just what an athlete is?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it started out that he was 300 lbs, runs a 4.5 (which would be a better stat than most NFL linemen), and could not be stopped.  Then it went to 265 and runs a 4.6.  Now it's 6' tall, runs a 4.7,  and only a sophmore.  You all started out telling us how incredible and unstoppable he was and now you try to say that he's only a sophmore with a little speed that weighs 265.  Just talk straight talk about your guys and it'll be fine but when you have some that start throwing in unbelievable stats it's a different story.  If you see your team as unbeatable, say so.

825466082[/snapback]

At 6'0", 300 lbs, just what do you look like? At that size,,you can usually hardly run. I'd say we will see a player that is good, but probably 5'11" and about 240. Probably good quickness, but if the stopwatch said 4.7, I want to speak to the users trigger finger. Hand times are not worth much and has been proven at every football camp I've witnessed.

:lol: Can't you even tell me what you mean? :rolleyes:

825466197[/snapback]

What do you think I mean? They are much faster...they can jump higher...they have better hands...what else do you want? Don't get me wrong...I am for Greenbrier. I don't think they will hang with Fulton. If they do...they are better than I think. I hope they are.

Edited by Antwan

:lol: Can't you even tell me what you mean? :rolleyes:

I keep seeing this come up about who has athletes had who doesn't and I'm just curious about what everyones definition of an athlete is.

825466197[/snapback]

I'm sure the receivers are talented, but a yard of passing is a yard of passing. You either complete 'em or you don't, so unless Fulton has 3000 yards of passing because their receivers can't be covered then it doesn't matter. I don't think this is the case, and I haven't seen Fultons stats. One things for sure, somebody covered 'em, 'cause they have lost twice, and don't give me this "Fulton was hurt or Fulton was not clicking in those losses. If they are greater athletes than other teams have, it wouldn't matter.

Fulton has good athletes at receiver, but I haven't seen a team that can't be schemed defensively.

What do you think I mean?  They are much faster...they can jump higher...they have better hands...what else do you want?  Don't get me wrong...I am for Greenbrier.  I don't think they will hang with Fulton.  If they do...they are better than I think. I hope they are.

825466205[/snapback]

.....stop speeding locomotives, jump tall buildings in a single bound..... ;)

I think Antwan can't accept that his team got beat by a team that has been beaten twice before. He is like some else admitted, and his team couldn't be in Greenbrier's shoes, he wants to be able to say they are as good as Greenbrier, or only got beaten by State Champions. Go ahead and admit it, Antwan. Be a MAN.

I'm sure the receivers are talented, but a yard of passing is a yard of passing. You either complete 'em or you don't, so unless Fulton has 3000 yards of passing because their receivers can't be covered then it doesn't matter. I don't think this is the case, and I haven't seen Fultons stats. One things for sure, somebody covered 'em, 'cause they have lost twice, and don't give me this "Fulton was hurt or Fulton was not clicking in those losses. If they are greater athletes than other teams have, it wouldn't matter.

Fulton has good athletes at receiver, but I haven't seen a team that can't be schemed defensively.

825466224[/snapback]

Fulton is a very young team that has improved greatly as the season has progressed. Stats really don't mean that much. I think a better gauge is the playoffs. They have beaten some really good teams fairly easily to get to the title game. Don't get me wrong about your team either. You are very good...and had a great year. You are also right about scheming an offense. The trouble is...the more weapons a team has...the more difficult it is to scheme them. Fulton has a very good running game...and an awesome passing game. Their big play capability is what makes them so tough.

.....stop speeding locomotives, jump tall buildings in a single bound..... ;)

I think Antwan can't accept that his team got beat by a team that has been beaten twice before.  He is like some else admitted, and his team couldn't be in Greenbrier's shoes, he wants to be able to say they are as good as Greenbrier, or only got beaten by State Champions.  Go ahead and admit it, Antwan.  Be a MAN.

825466253[/snapback]

Nah bud...I'm just speaking the truth. What have I got to be upset about? We had our best season in school history. We just got beat by a better team. We really hung tough until the 4th. If you don't want to hear it...don't read it. Like I said before...I hope Greenbrier wins. I just don't think that will happen if Fulton plays the way they did in the 2nd half against us.

Fulton got beat once by a pretty good team in #1 ranked AE. I don't know how Lenoir City beat them. They came back and beat AE in the playoffs. They must have improved quite a bit to do that. They also pounded LC in the playoffs.

i use to get on here and talk smack about buck coatney, but i have to admit i was very wrong. it was mainly because when i went to fulton we did not like each other. what he and the other coaches at fulton have done the past few years is amazing. good luck saturday, either way fulton has came along way from the 2 and 8 days.

i use to get on here and talk smack about buck coatney, but i have to admit i was very wrong. it was mainly because when i went to fulton we did not like each other. what he and the other coaches at fulton have done the past few years is amazing. good luck saturday, either way fulton has came along way from the 2 and 8 days.

825466286[/snapback]

I really didn't expect them to be as well coached as they were against us. I had heard they weren't. They did a great job.