Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

It is totally boring to them. I really think it is no big deal. So many kids were planning to stay home and watch the UT game instead of watching their school. Just a sad thing.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many congratulations to the Riverdale Warriors and their fans! What an amazing team... wow, that's all I can say. I think we saw tonight why Dave Thomas is Mr. Football. If it wasn't for him, Franklin might have made it a little closer. He was amazing.

What a GREAT day this was. Besides the outcome of the game tonight, it was a wonderful day to return to Franklin. Even when going over to BDD's house around noon, you could feel the excitement in the air. I would certainly say Franklin fans enjoyed their first trip to the BlueCross Bowl. I hurt for these seniors tonight who walked off the field for the final time. But they walked off with a silver ball, something that no Franklin team has ever done in the past. As I told a couple of the guys, these past three years of Franklin football teams have laid a foundation for years to come.

The drive from Louisiana was certainly worth it. To those Franklin fans that I have known for a while and to those I met tonight, thanks for all the memories again. There have been plenty of anxious moments this season for me waiting in a dorm room in Monroe, LA to hear if the Rebs had won. 13 times, they had. Here's to many more apperances in the state championship!

WAY TO GO REBELS!

FHSrebel very big of you to give riverdale their props but i was one of the ones that told you that riverdalw was a different beast than franklin has seen this year. i watched it on tv and honestly they are lucky it wasnt 48-0, they play hard and have a good team but oak ridge would beat them by 3 td in my opinion. they have some big boys and a good TB/QB #22 but just not enough.

A question comes to mind...how long will the Riverdale dominance continue? I read in the paper last week that Riverdale has only lost 18 games since 1991. Does anyone know who Riverdale has lost to...I know Germantown and Lincoln County last year account for two of those losses. Anyone from Riverdale have those stats?

By the way, congrats to Riverdale and Franklin on great seasons. Fans from both schools have much to be proud of.

A question comes to mind...how long will the Riverdale dominance continue?  I read in the paper last week that Riverdale has only lost 18 games since 1991.  Does anyone know who Riverdale has lost to...I know Germantown and Lincoln County last year account for two of those losses.  Anyone from Riverdale have those stats?

By the way, congrats to Riverdale and Franklin on great seasons.  Fans from both schools have much to be proud of.

825468369[/snapback]

Riverdale's year by year results:

Riverdale Web Site

First of all-give a gold ball to Region4fan for ripping out his IV's and getting onto important things like CoachT and high school championships.

Huge congrats to the Warrior Nation, Coach Rankin, and this year's Senior Class. To go out with so many championship game showings and to finally come home with the Gold Ball puts you in a class by yourselves in Warrior history. Total domination from the coin toss until the presentations.

When Brentwood scrimmaged you for the first time way back last summer (and you so totally ripped us apart we changed our offense and defense), I told Coach Crawford that this was the best Riverdale squad I had ever seen, particularly on defense. It was shocking how fast you were. Your defense had more closing speed than any I had EVER seen play. He said it was the best he'd seen as well, and that you had a chance at being something special. Rankin told him that week that he felt your team was probably as good as the '94 team. I posted that fact way back then and was met by a chorus of "no way" and " (my team-insert school) will kill them."

Fact was is that the Gold Ball had already been won and it was just fate to find out who would be the opponent in the title game to make it official. Almost (not quite) happy it wasn't the Bruins in the title game to add "revenge" to perfection.

Dave Thomas, I've watched you play since your freshman year. You are a special athlete, but apparently a better young man. Glad you have no more eligibility left, but your bigger missions in life are left to conquer.

Again, props to the tremendous Warrior team and for keeping the ball in Middle Tennessee-again. To any doubters, Middle Tennessee is where the best 5A ball is played. There is no discussion.

Whether next years team will be as good is gonna be the subject of lots of speculation for the next 9 months. The only thing I know for sure is that R'dale will be working HARD during them. Oh, add to the mix that while Dave may be graduating, his little brother is coming on for folks to look forward to. Gaston Miller will be back as will alot of others that have seen alot of playing time this season.

Franklin, I want to congratulate y'all because you NEVER gave up and continued to play hard until the final whistle.

Did THOMAShawk decide for sure on MTSU as his choice? Glad to see you PLUSED Lost Old dad. BTW, will you still be a Warrior parent for next yr, or an Ex-parent?

825468407[/snapback]

For next year I will be a 'STILL' parent! Son is just a junior, but he has seen LOTS of playing time this year and last night. The 'clone' still has some growing to do. LOL

Guest region4fan

That is great news. i am glad you will be around for awhile. If you know how to retrieve your PM's...I just sent you one. if not, look at the top right corner of your screen and it should say under live chat that you have a new message. Click on it.