Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

We have played both teams, and honestly if you told me that Franklin would be playing for the gold ball at week 3............I would have thought you were nuts. Yes, they had a good team, and great coaching.....but championship material..????? However, this team has reminded me of Oakland's 98 team. Doubted, no respect, underdogs.........and getting the job done to defy the critics.

We lost to riverdale in the regular season and got payback when it counted....in the playoffs to make it even sweeter. A lot of similarites.............maybe the same result?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
BLOOOOOOW OUT.... riverdale by atleast 28

825455642[/snapback]

guess again. donnie webb will defy the odds just the same way he did in 98, with a dominating defense. hey rankin how does 26-7 sound :angry:

Wow.

Maybe Riverdale is in trouble after all.

They're up against a "offensive genious" OC and a "defensive coordinator extraordinaire".

Their players are "cocky" and play in a weak region.

And here's my favorite:

I don't care if they've been there 12 of the last 12 years. The last time they played someone who had never been there was two years ago against a fellow Williamson County school and we know the result from that game. - FHSrebel27

Well, unless you can get that Brentwood team back together for one more game, you're probably going to be in trouble. Because that team that lost in 2002 is pretty much the team you'll see in MTSU in about a week. Two years older, faster, stronger and more experienced.

And cockier (if you ask some).

But it doesn't change the fact that Franklin has NOT played a defense this good all year. Or offense. And frankly, Riverdale has played teams of Franklin's caliber. Not to say Franklin can't win because anything can happen when two very good teams get together but let's stop acting like Franklin has the advantage going into Saturday night. It's gonna take a heck of a game plan (and execution) to pull this off offensively and defensively. But don't think for a second that Riverdale isn't going to have a game plan to finish this season off undefeated. Even without the guidance of geniouses and 'coordinator extraordinaires'.

By the way, the 98 Oakland team is not playing this one, the 2004 Franklin team is. Let's see how they fare.

But it doesn't change the fact that Franklin has NOT played a defense this good all year. Or offense. And frankly, Riverdale has played teams of Franklin's caliber. Not to say Franklin can't win because anything can happen when two very good teams get together but let's stop acting like Franklin has the advantage going into Saturday night. It's gonna take a heck of a game plan (and execution) to pull this off offensively and defensively. But don't think for a second  that Riverdale isn't going to have a game plan to finish this season off undefeated. Even without the guidance of geniouses and 'coordinator extraordinaires'.

There's the difference...You think you're good!

We don't care whether we are good or not ! We know we are going to win !

It doesn't matter who has the better team....its who wants it more!

Edited by BigDogDaddy