Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

I actually rode to the game with Coach Thompson last night and we talked about it on the trip back home. We both agree that Coach Johnson has his work cut out for him, but that he has both the staff and the athletes to get the job done.

825454933[/snapback]

I'm positive I wouldn't want anyone but Tim Johnson at the helm right now.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a side historical note. I think this year's Riverdale team just set a new school record for the most points scored in a season. This year's team now has 631 points in 14 games. The 1994 Riverdale state championship team had 620 points in 15 games.

What do we have this week:

~Franklin's first trip to the championship game

~ Riverdale taking a record-setting 5th straight trip to the championship game

~ A combined 27-1 record for the teams

~ A couple teams that are only about 30 miles apart

~ two unreal defenses

~ A little gold football

~ most importantly, unrestricted CoachT bragging rights!!!

and more, I'm sure. Yeah, this is going to be a fun week.

Go Warriors!!!!

Wonderful post! I agree that this will be a very fun week. Let's just hope the game on Saturday is as fun and good! I have no doubt that it will be!

I need to get off of here for a while... I feel like I've been on since about 10 last night. Well, except for when I was asleep, I have been! I'm just tooooooo excited.

Wonderful post! I agree that this will be a very fun week. Let's just hope the game on Saturday is as fun and good! I have no doubt that it will be!

I need to get off of here for a while... I feel like I've been on since about 10 last night. Well, except for when I was asleep, I have been! I'm just tooooooo excited.

825455049[/snapback]

Pace yourself, rebel. You don't want to peak too soon! ;)

Congrats to Franklin for making it to the Championship.

Statistically, you'd have to think that Franklin wouldn't have much of a chance in this one. Riverdale's high-octane offense and stiffling D seem to be unmatchable. Having scrimmaged Riverdale in the preseason...it's seriously like playing 11 on 15 against them. Their team speed is that incredible. However, I really don't think you can count Franklin out completely in this one. Franklin's determination as of late has been pretty tremendous. Franklin has the ability to put up points when they have to if they utilize all their weapons. And their defense is gunna have to try and prevent the big play. I don't think Franklin is gunna win necessarily, but, to phrase Lee Corso, it'll be "closer than the experts think."

I'm takin Riverdale 42-38 over the Rebels in a shootout.

Edited by BruinsT50

I don't care if they've been there 12 of the last 12 years. The last time they played someone who had never been there was two years ago against a fellow Williamson County school and we know the result from that game.

Look what Franklin did last night. They just shut down a good Germantown team. Their defense is good enough to hold Riverdale in check. As previously mentioned, we have a defensive coordinator that will have a great game to take to MTSU next Saturday. Our offense had a coming out party last night, too. I have a feeling we'll have something up our sleve to keep that party going next week. But Riverdale obviously has a great D so I think we're in for another defensive sloberknocker like we've seen the past couple years in the 5A game.

I can't wait for a week from today. That home side of Floyd Stadium is going to be rocking and full of a bunch of Maroon and White Franklinites cheering on their Rebels to victory! We're gonna show the state just what Franktown is all about. Franktown is indeed an attitude...

I'm, as you know, a die hard Germantown fan, but comparing the G'town team to Riverdale and suggesting you can do the same to Riverdale is insanity!

Next week is Riverdale's turn, it will be a reversal of this weeks fortunes, with Riverdale coming out on top ... big time!

No, my friend. There were no trophies handed out tonight. Oak Ridge didn't walk away with the Silver Ball. Reality is the state championship features Franklin and Riverdale. One of them will lose and they will be the second best team in the state... not Oak Ridge, nor any of those other five schools you mentioned. They are all gone. Only two remain. Sorry.

825454550[/snapback]

I know they didn't give out any trophies tonight. That just goes to another argument that they should have the playoffs seeded to make sure the two best teams are in the final. All of the other classes have the best two teams except for 5A. Franklin beat an underachieving overrated Germantown team. Riverdale beat the second best team in the state. Riverdale will win this one and return to their standard of the regular season and have the second team guys playing the 4th quarter.