Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Great point .... The other is an offesive genious Danny Nowell. Tim Johnson, while a nice guy and everything...probably isn't a great coach.....but he did graduate from Vanderbilt ... which makes him a smart coach .... and a smart coach knows you have to surround yourself with good people and let them run things the way they feel comfortable running them. The thing that is amazing about him is that he sits back and lets his assistants coach and make important decisions and just looks so cool and composed. Win or lose he let's his preperation and his player's heart take care of business.

825455549[/snapback]

If this guy is such an offensive genious, why has Franklin put up 20 or more points on a team over 500, 2 times. The Offense is going to have to have the game of the century. No turnovers and a lot of points, something no team has been able to do so far on this Riverdal defense. I mean they couldn't get more than 10 points on Clarksville.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
If this guy is such an offensive genious, why has Franklin put up 20 or more points on a team over 500, 2 times.  The Offense is going to have to have the game of the century.  No turnovers and a lot of points, something no team has been able to do so far on this Riverdal defense.  I mean they couldn't get more than 10 points on Clarksville.

825455712[/snapback]

fact is that in all of these playoff games they had scored enough to win and thats all that matters. riverdale's defense is human after all with giving up 28 against OR. trust me when i say riverdale will be lucky to score 17 on franklin

But it doesn't change the fact that Franklin has NOT played a defense this good all year. Or offense. And frankly, Riverdale has played teams of Franklin's caliber. Not to say Franklin can't win because anything can happen when two very good teams get together but let's stop acting like Franklin has the advantage going into Saturday night. It's gonna take a heck of a game plan (and execution) to pull this off offensively and defensively. But don't think for a second  that Riverdale isn't going to have a game plan to finish this season off undefeated. Even without the guidance of geniouses and 'coordinator extraordinaires'.

825455674[/snapback]

Wait a second, wait a second. What in the heck are we supposed to say??? And who has given Franklin an advantage besides us Franktown folk and a couple Oakland guys that we're proud to have on our side???

Look, I've never been a realist. If I was a realist, I would have said Franklin would have lost several games this year before they were played. But ya know, I'm not the most important person that's not a realist. There's a group of people that will be hittin' the practice field Monday evening in Franklin... they're not realists. If they were, they would have had no reason to start the season. They weren't even going to make the playoffs. But my oh my, look where they are. They're in the freakin' Blue Cross Bowl,, baby. They could care less what everyone thinks. They could care less that all the experts and all the folks on CoachT think they're going to get blown out. Why do they not care? Because they BELIEVE and KNOW that those folks are wrong. They believe they will go out and take care of business Saturday night under the guidance of yes, an offensive mastermind and a defensive genius along with a head coach who can give the players some WONDERFUL advice on how to win the state championship of Tennessee as a player... 22 years ago he did it as a Lincoln County Falcon.

Make your predictions everyone... tell us why you think the Rebels will get bowled over. Or maybe you should be smarter than that... TDCman no doubt thinks Riverdale will win, but he also knows that it'll be a close defensive battle that really could go one way or the other. We all know which way I think it'll go...

GO REBELS!

Edited by FHSrebel27

Right.

Just like Franklin Co knew.

And Smyrna knew.

And Cookeville knew.

And Oak Ridge swore they knew.

You don't know.

You think you know.

That's called hope.

You hope.

Keep on hoping.

825455715[/snapback]

If that's the case... then you do NOT know either about Riverdale winning Saturday night. Apparently you hope they win, though. So keep on hoping...

Guest region4fan

Excellent post Rebel, as always.

That is right, these Rdale folk just expect yall to roll over and play dead. You should NEVER dare think your team has a shot against themaccording to them.

BTW...TDCman always says that same stuff each week. Check his posts.

Oakland[/url'>' date='Nov 27 2004 - 10:49 PM']fact is that in all of these playoff games they had scored enough to win and thats all that matters. riverdale's defense is human after all with giving up 28 against OR. trust me when i say riverdale will be lucky to score 17 on franklin

825455716[/snapback]

In the first half?

Trust me, if Riverdale can score 42 on Oak Ridge on grass, we'll put up 17 in the first quarter on Franklin on turf.

Without any luck.

Edited by mpattrsn

Excellent post Rebel, as always.

That is right, these Rdale folk just expect yall to roll over and play dead. You should NEVER dare think your team has a shot against themaccording to them.

BTW...TDCman always says that same stuff each week. Check his posts.

825455731[/snapback]

Region you need to change your name because you are not supporting region 4 at all.. On all the topics you are completely not backing RHS so just change it and be a rebel fan

From what I've read, no Riverdale folk expect any team to roll over and play dead. In fact, whenever the hype gets to this level, it usually is an indicator of how much respect they actually have for your team. I suspect the U of R will go about this game as any other they have played while revisiting some O & D breakdowns from last game. Anyone thinking this is a pushover for Riverdale doesn't live in the real world. Franklin deserves all the respect they have earned and quite frankly, when a team of this caliber started from nowhere while getting little respect from their peers reaches the championship game, probably has accomplished more than any team in the state, regardless of the outcome. Afterall, they arrived on time when nobody ever thought they boarded the plane :lol:

Guest region4fan

My allegiance is with Donnie Webb from Franklin. He was my son's former coach from the Oakland State Champ team of 98. He was like a father to my child. I will never forget him or be against him except against OHS!!

I will change my name ONLY if I want to, not because yall tell me to. I can assure you that riverdale did not rise to oakland's defense in 98...in fact....quite the opposite.