Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

You saw the Rebels in Week ZERO... they've certainly improved since then. They'll pull something out of the hat that Riverdale isn't expecting- we'll see if it works. Though they might stick with the Notre Dame Cube or whatever it is they've been running the past two weeks. As Derrian Waters told the Tennessean "I don't know what it is but I like it."

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok yea Franklin put up 31 on Germantown, they better hope they can put up bout 30 points again to have a chance, honestly, Franklin hasn't seen a team like this. 10 or 14 points definitly isnt gonna cut it, yea that defense has been helping your O out, but you can't be running the ball 40 something times a game, The Riverdale D will pick up on that, they held some pretty more than average offenses in check. And I think the Franklin offense is less than average. Mikrut prepare to run for your life everytime you pass, or prepare to get blasted when you run that option.

P.S. Your only chance is to bust out a vintage formation and try to confuse Riverdale for bout a half, and get ontop of the, maybe you might have a chance.

P.S.S. This is Riverdale's 4th or 3rd straight state championship game. They might just be on a mission, they might just be a little fired up, dont ecpect them to overlook the Rebels.

Can't wait to see his game, definitly sitting on the Riverdale side. Go Riverdale. Good Luck to Franklin.

Edited by BHS05

Ok yea Franklin put up 31 on Germantown, they better hope they can put up bout 30 points again to have a chance, honestly, Franklin hasn't seen a team like this.  10 or 14 points definitly isnt gonna cut it, yea that defense has been helping your O out, but you can't be running the ball 40 something times a game, The Riverdale D will pick up on that, they held some pretty more than average offenses in check.  And I think the Franklin offense is less than average.  Mikrut prepare to run for your life everytime you pass, or prepare to get blasted when you run that option.

P.S.  Your only chance is to bust out a vintage formation and try to confuse Riverdale for bout a half, and get ontop of the, maybe you might have a chance.

P.S.S.  This is Riverdale's 4th or 3rd straight state championship game.  They might just be on a mission, they might just be a little fired up, dont ecpect them to overlook the Rebels.

Can't wait to see his game, definitly sitting on the Riverdale side. Go Riverdale.  Good Luck to Franklin.

825454720[/snapback]

BHS05 this is Rivedales 5th straight time to the championship game and 9th in the last 12 yrs. They are on a mission and should pull this last one off after doing what they did to a great team in Oakridge. Franklin better have an excellent defense if they are going to stop G$ and the rest of the Warriors offense and have a very stellar offense to do anything against a very fast and explosive defense.

You saw the Rebels in Week ZERO... they've certainly improved since then. They'll pull something out of the hat that Riverdale isn't expecting- we'll see if it works. Though they might stick with the Notre Dame Cube or whatever it is they've been running the past two weeks. As Derrian Waters told the Tennessean "I don't know what it is but I like it."

825454718[/snapback]

I also saw Riverdale in week 14 and they are running on all cylinders. Oak Ridge would beat anyone else in the state besides Riverdale. I think it will be a great game early but I still think depth will be play a HUGE factor in this game. If the Rebels can get momentum in the game, they had better make sure they don't give it back. I will be pulling for the Rebels to pull the upset, after all, there are hometown ties to this game for us as well. ;)

I also saw Riverdale in week 14 and they are running on all cylinders. Oak Ridge would beat anyone else in the state besides Riverdale. I think it will be a great game early but I still think depth will be play a HUGE factor in this game. If the Rebels can get momentum in the game, they had better make sure they don't give it back.  I will be pulling for the Rebels to pull the upset, after all, there are hometown ties to this game for us as well.  ;)

825454914[/snapback]

The one thing I had been worrying about is how would the Warriors respond if someone got up on them early. OR did it, then did it again. The Warriors responded with 2 TDs in about a minute.

You better get WAY up on them.

I don't care if they've been there 12 of the last 12 years. The last time they played someone who had never been there was two years ago against a fellow Williamson County school and we know the result from that game.

Look what Franklin did last night. They just shut down a good Germantown team. Their defense is good enough to hold Riverdale in check. As previously mentioned, we have a defensive coordinator that will have a great game to take to MTSU next Saturday. Our offense had a coming out party last night, too. I have a feeling we'll have something up our sleve to keep that party going next week. But Riverdale obviously has a great D so I think we're in for another defensive sloberknocker like we've seen the past couple years in the 5A game.

I can't wait for a week from today. That home side of Floyd Stadium is going to be rocking and full of a bunch of Maroon and White Franklinites cheering on their Rebels to victory! We're gonna show the state just what Franktown is all about. Franktown is indeed an attitude...

REBELS! REBELS! REBELS!

I've seen both of these teams play. Franklin may have a strong running game, but... Riverdale's does too...and a darn good one. Franklin is a good team, but not on the level Riverdale is. Maybe i wouldn't mind seeing Frank town pull of the upset, because I have family there, but it wont happen. Going one and one against Bwood is a bad sign for the Rebels coming into this game. Riverdale by 3 scores.

Good luck. Coach Johnson has done a great job. I am sure he has already talked to Coach Thompson.

825454930[/snapback]

I actually rode to the game with Coach Thompson last night and we talked about it on the trip back home. We both agree that Coach Johnson has his work cut out for him, but that he has both the staff and the athletes to get the job done.

Man, the last time Franklin was this much of an underdog was against Gallatin in the second round of the 2002 playoffs. Let's hope we can have the same result...

As far as going 1-1 against Brentwood. The guys will tell you they didn't give their best performance in the first Brentwood game. You must also take into consideration that Brentwood was playing INSPIRED football after losing two straight... they didn't want to make it three. That was a rivalry game that came down to a blocked extra point (seems like we're doing a much better job with PAT and FG protection now...) and it must be taken with a grain of salt, IMO. But really, for both teams, none of the 14 previous battles mean nothing.