Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Guest Oakland
In the first half?

Trust me, if Riverdale can score 42 on Oak Ridge on grass, we'll put up 17 in the first quarter on Franklin on turf.

Without any luck.

825455740[/snapback]

be prepred to being wrong my friend. riverdale wont put 17 in a quarter on donnie webb's defense. riverdale's defense has gotten all the praise thoroughout the year for their great defense but on saturday it will be donnie webb's defense that will be praised as the great defense

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin deserves all the respect they have earned and quite frankly, when a team of this caliber started from nowhere while getting little respect from their peers reaches the championship game, probably has accomplished more than any team in the state, regardless of the outcome. Afterall, they arrived on time when nobody ever thought they boarded the plane :lol:

825455745[/snapback]

Good post... if we still had good marks, you'd get one.

Guest Oakland
Region you need to change your name because you are not supporting region 4 at all.. On all the topics you are completely not backing RHS so just change it and be a rebel fan

825455744[/snapback]

eh, your just mad because he isnt on your side, i dont blame ya i would hate being against him too, thank god he supports my alma mater :lol:

Guest region4fan

Donnie Webb will prove himself just like he has all season long. He gets the best out of his players because they not only love him, but thye respect him. They live to please him.

65-0 Riverdale

East Tennessee gets nothing out of the Playoff System. Weak Teams from the west move on, and play weak competition...while the best teams (skip Riverdale) get knocked off by each other. It is time for a seeding Playoff System to avoid the best teams being knocked out in the 2nd and 3rd round, while other teams, nowhere near as good, keep winning from the west, due to poor competition.

A Seeding System would have had Kingsport DB, Riverdale, Oak Ridge and (fill in the blank) in the final four. And it should be that way..

Then why has the west team won the state championship the past two years???

And 65-0? HA! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Have some SENSE, man! Franklin won't be shutout and they won't allow 65 points... though, I'm sure run-it-up Rankin would love the chance, eh?

(Note to true Riverdale fans... I'm just kidding about run-it-up Rankin... heck, I'm sure some of y'all remember me pulling for y'all really hard in the playoffs last year... so nothing but love)

Oakland[/url'>' date='Nov 27 2004 - 11:13 PM']be prepred to being wrong my friend. riverdale wont put 17 in a quarter on donnie webb's defense. riverdale's defense has gotten all the praise thoroughout the year for their great defense but on saturday it will be donnie webb's defense that will be praised as the great defense

825455756[/snapback]

Oh, I'm always prepared for the worst. Just don't think the worst will make me wrong. Unless Franklin's 'D' is a lot better than Oak Ridge's, Riverdale should go up and down the field all night long. I just think Riverdale has more room for error than Franklin on both sides of the ball.

I could be wrong. But I doubt it.

65-0 Riverdale

East Tennessee gets nothing out of the Playoff System. Weak Teams from the west move on, and play weak competition...while the best teams (skip Riverdale) get knocked off by each other. It is time for a seeding Playoff System to avoid the best teams being knocked out in the 2nd and 3rd round, while other teams, nowhere near as good, keep winning from the west, due to poor competition.

A Seeding System would have had Kingsport DB, Riverdale, Oak Ridge and (fill in the blank) in the final four. And it should be that way..

825455777[/snapback]

While I agree that it could be better, seeding is not the answer. That leaves the ranking to speculation and opinion. The TSSAA would not want to get in the middle of that. One answer to your question could be the redistricting of teams while reshaping the regions across the state but again, it would be chaotic at best for the teams to travel as such. Hence, the real answer is for the western teams to get better.

It is a shame for such great teams to be put out as early as they have but, this goes on in all sports, even the NFL. Some NFL conferences are weak at times. Look at it this way, at least the stronger teams of the EAST as you say, are playing tough competition most all season. That only can help your team get better. :lol:

I think it shifts from year to year. Look at 2002... Franklin, Gallatin, Brentwood, Germantown, Dickson County, Houston... all had really good football teams. The East wasn't quite as good. Last year, I'd say it was more balanced. Oak Ridge, DB, Riverdale in the East... Franklin, Germantown, a very solid Hendersonville team in the West.

Just the way it is.

Oh stop region6fan. (just kidding)

No one (or at least I don't) think Franklin can't pull this off. But it's going to take the game of their young lives to do it. But this Donnie Webb fellow can only draw up the game plan. I've heard more about the coaches than the players so far. And the best game plan means squat without execution. We'll see soon enough how this plays out.

This Webb guy sounds special. How'd you let him go?

BTW, it's early. Franklin fans will get their say so before Saturday night. Don't go feeling sorry for them just yet.

Edited by mpattrsn

Guest region4fan

Webb is originally from Henry County. He left OHS to take over the Head coach job at Henry. That didn't work out for him as the folk there ...well they are too into politics......so he left. Johnson snagged him up.He is a good man.

That Watters kid , I think he is #22 for Franklin is good. hard to bring down. Also they have one heck of a kicker. They are a TEAM....no real standouts, just a solid nucleus.