Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

The weather at this point looks like it's going to cooperate. Middle to high 50s should be expeted so the temps will be dropping through the 50s and into the 40s for the 5A game. Some clouds will be in the area and there is a chance that a storm system that will move out of the northern Gulf states could speed up and be in Middle TN Saturday or Saturday night. Let's hope the current trend (for it to arrive on Sunday) holds true.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the state championship on Friday. Riverdale vs. OR. Franklin is going to get slaughtered on the turf. THere is no doubt OR is the second best team in the state. They had Riverdale beat, but the football gods saw things differently. A huge fumble, right in Keaton Anderson's hands, a great play by Rahmel Oliver and if the Warriors miss out on those it may be a different game. But they didnt miss out so it was not, but trust me Oak Ridge would be Franklin. That game was incredible, I was impressed with Oak Ridge. Ask any Riverdale fan, that is the best team they have seen all year long. Its a shame they couldn't rematch on Saturday in MTSU because that would be a more entertaining game especially for TV audiences.

Riverdale 42

Franklin 7

Ask any Riverdale fan after they've lost who the best team was they saw. It will be the best team in the state Tennessee- the Franklin Rebels. Look, you didn't see a state championship on Friday. As you know, you saw a semifinal game. There were no trophies awarded. But again, from the way everyone speaks, we just shouldn't show up at all. We should arrive to MTSU and watch Riverdale get their gold ball and Oak Ridge get their silver ball. Give me a break...

GO REBELS!

I watched the state championship on Friday. Riverdale vs. OR. Franklin is going to get slaughtered on the turf. THere is no doubt OR is the second best team in the state. They had Riverdale beat, but the football gods saw things differently. A huge fumble, right in Keaton Anderson's hands, a great play by Rahmel Oliver and if the Warriors miss out on those it may be a different game. But they didnt miss out so it was not, but trust me Oak Ridge would be Franklin. That game was incredible, I was impressed with Oak Ridge. Ask any Riverdale fan, that is the best team they have seen all year long. Its a shame they couldn't rematch on Saturday in MTSU because that would be a more entertaining game especially for TV audiences.

Riverdale 42

Franklin 7

825456078[/snapback]

Remember, as amazing as the athletes are for Riverdale, Franklin has found ways to win and has fought their way to Murfreesboro too. Franklin's coaching is superb. Like I was saying earlier, Riverdale has the athletes to make it a blowout, but Franklin has the heart and coaching to make this a game.

Riverdale 42

Franklin 7

825456078[/snapback]

I don't know if I'd give Franklin a 35 points spread in this one but I will agree that OR was all that was advertised and more. Last Friday was the best H.S. football I've seen since last year's Riverdale-LC game in the 'Pit' in the quarterfinals.

Hopefully, Saturday night will be as entertaining. I want to get my money's worth. It's gotta be better than any of the Titans games I've seen this year. At 1/5 the price.

Good luck to both teams. I am wondering how Tennessee handles recruiting in high school. When a team is a perennial winner (such as Riverdale) they either have program which other similar size schools can't emulate or are able to recruit in a very subtle manner. When my father moved into the state of Texas (minister) some years ago, I and my brothers had to sit out a year in each sport offered in high school. That also included 8th grade. It was a harsh rule since we moved as a family unit and lived with the family. l am intersted to know if Tennesee has similar rules. {PS Riverdale is mentioned as an example since they are a powerhouse year in and year out and there is no intention of any type of accusation}.

There are transfer rules in place... you can read about them in the handbook that's online at tssaa.org. I don't think this is a can of worms that needs to be opened here though. Let's just keep it strictly on Riverdale vs Franklin because no doubt someone is out there lurking in the shadows ready to pounce and go off on how Riverdale does this and that and frankly I don't want to hear it this week.

And with our ground-based offense look for us to use the clock to our advantage. The longer our offense is on the field, the better. I just wonder what we're going to see from the Rebels on offense. I doubt it'll be the same as the past two weeks... though it worked very nicely on Friday. It'll be interesting to see.

1.) Who do you think the biggest pressure is on?

2.) Who has the most to gain and the most to lose?

Riverdale has a monumental task ahead of them. They've made the final round as expected. They dominated through most of their campaign. Going into the championship should be no different. Yet, it is the championship. Riverdale has to perform under the onus that they are expected to win handily by the media and fans. That alone, can be the biggest obstacle to Riverdale. They have to go out on that field and play to win. They can't afford to beat themselves or falter when things go wrong. Franklin possibly has the edge in the mental department. They are the proverbial underdogs. They are not expected to win. They are expected to have fun and play to win while working hard to nose alongside, swap some paint and maybe, just maybe pass on the last lap to victory. Riding around in second place is a very good place to be. You see the moves of your opponent. You have the ability to force a mistake when you want and how you want. So long as the horsepower (inspiration) is at your beckon, anything can happen.

You can be too tight or too loose going into this game. Riverdale has to be focused with the same mental approach to this game as their previous games to win. Anything less or more could spell disaster for their team. Last week was a true test to Riverdale's focus. They started behind but finished in the lead the last half of the race. Franklin has to find a way to take them out of their game. Riverdale has to keep Franklin from believing. :o

Guest region4fan
Good luck to both teams.  I am wondering how Tennessee handles recruiting in high school.  When a team is a perennial winner (such as Riverdale) they either have program which other similar size schools can't emulate or are able to recruit in a very subtle manner.  When my father moved into the state of Texas (minister) some years ago, I and my brothers had to sit out a year in each sport offered in high school.  That also included 8th grade.  It was a harsh rule since we moved as a family unit and lived with the family.  l am intersted to know if Tennesee has similar rules.  {PS  Riverdale is mentioned as an example since they are a powerhouse year in and year out and there is no intention of any type of accusation}.

825456108[/snapback]

Start a new thread and I bet you will get an earfull until it gets locked like it always does. Several mods are big Rankin fans.