Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

I'd say under Tim Johnson that a tradition has been started. 11-2, quarterfinals for only the 2nd time in school history in 2002. 11-3, semifinals for the first time ever in 2003. 13-1, state championship berth for the first time ever in 2004. I'd say a tradition is well underway.

825456456[/snapback]

Read the rest of my post. I was answering a question, which was being asked in a pretty ridiculous manner. Just pointing out what a tradition can do for you in a close game. I agree Franklin has developed into a good program. You can make a claim for a great program if you win this week.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the same thing happen with Siegel opening and crushing Oakland. Siegel is ONLY 3 miles down the road from OHS. Lots od dirty dealing going down to make us have 42% free lunchers at OHS. And guess what all of it happened with a RIVERDALE ex principal as the Superintendent. When he left, they put another guy in as a n interim who just happened to be SIEGEL's new PRINCIPAL> so i know exactly what you are feeling. However, you have to rise above it and prove to them yall will rise again. I guarantee you that OAKLAND will!!

825456555[/snapback]

Passing the puffs to ole region.

Well, everyone, the past couple days have been too much fun. Gotta hit the sack though for now so I can get up at 5:00 AM EST to catch a flight out of Orlando to head back to good ole Monroe. Then to Franklin next weekend. Then back here to Sarasota the next weekend... it would appear that instead of a Ramblin' Man (though I can be that at times), I was born to be a travellin' man... or, maybe not! In any case... y'all enjoy it while I'm gone. Don't get too bad... stay good! This is going to go down as one of the best CoachT thread's in history... and this game could go down as one of the best in BCB history. Riverdale certainly has the clear edge on paper, but as someone pointed out, Franklin has the edge mentally. The question is, who handles the pressure better. We'll have plenty of time to discuss.

Y'all take care! thumb

Oh.... and....

GO REBELS!

Well, everyone, the past couple days have been too much fun. Gotta hit the sack though for now so I can get up at 5:00 AM EST to catch a flight out of Orlando to head back to good ole Monroe. Then to Franklin next weekend. Then back here to Sarasota the next weekend... it would appear that instead of a Ramblin' Man (though I can be that at times), I was born to be a travellin' man... or, maybe not! In any case... y'all enjoy it while I'm gone. Don't get too bad... stay good! This is going to go down as one of the best CoachT thread's in history... and this game could go down as one of the best in BCB history. Riverdale certainly has the clear edge on paper, but as someone pointed out, Franklin has the edge mentally. The question is, who handles the pressure better. We'll have plenty of time to discuss.

Y'all take care!  thumb

Oh.... and....

GO REBELS!

825456867[/snapback]

Why would Franklin have the edge mentally? Riverdale knows how to prepare for this game, and emotion CAN get the best of you in this situation. The seniors at Riverdale have lost this game two years in a row, no way do they want to go out that way again.

Guest region4fan
You're right about who I would pull for, but then again, all my name claims is to be for Riverdale, not all of region4.  As the great philosopher George Carlin says, "Words mean things".

825456806[/snapback]

My name is NOT allofregion4......it is simply region4fan....could imply anyone and no one.

No matter how many people from Williamson County come Saturday, it will definitely be more than Riverdale... over the last four years, I have been disappointed in the turnout for Riverdale's fans... 2002 was the worst... Brentwood outnumbered the Riverdale fans by almost 2-to-1... if I was a Riverdale player, I would hope for better support from my fanbase... let's hope those Murfreesboro people show it this Saturday... should make for a great atmosphere...