Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

you said that franklin doesnt miss tackles VERY OFTEN....against Riverdale you can't miss any tackles or they are goin for 6....Riverdale has been through 2 years of losing....last year they werent even picked to go but this year was their year and so far they have lived up to it....they just have to put the finishing touches on it and i think they will....sry Franklin but Riverdale is just a better team

Riverdale 42

Franklin 10

825458009[/snapback]

Agreed! Franklin might as well stay home! Big Big win for Riverdale coming up Saturday.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Brentwood High formed when Franklin High split?  It happens.  It's just that this time, at least for now, most of the better athletes are now in Ravenwood's zone.

825458052[/snapback]

Not sure about that, Brentwood knocked them out of the playoffs, won state in volleyball and cross country. I'm not sure they have the better athletes. What i was saying, this might be the 3rd time now, Brentwood would be a football dynasty right now had they been able to keep all the athletes. They were split right at their peak. But as rebel27 said, this is the Riverdale-Franklin post so let's drop it. Congratulations to Franklin for making it out of this tough region. Best of luck against Riverdale.

Edited by CALL4BRUINS

Before we hand Riverdale all the accolades and awards, let's give some recognition to a few Rebels. Not one Rebel mentioned for any post season awards, yet here they are - showing up at practice - continuing to work - for the one goal that every player and team pointed towards in August - December 4, 2004 7:00 pm Kickoff.

Derrian Waters 1,465 yards rushing on 229 carries (6.40 ypc) 16 rushing TD's. Accounts for 1,933 yards of offense and 22 TD's when his receiving and QB numbers are added in.

Michael Mikrut, Jonathon Haynes, Derrian Waters, very efficient passing with a completion percentage of 60% and 12 TD's (only 5 picks)

Stephen Hotard, Tim Leach, Bubba Lane, Mac Hibbett, Dawson Bryant, Titus Hardeman, Todd Crawford, Chaz Pace, Brooks Plummer, Derian Waters Jon Hewitt, Shannon Derricks - great job defensively holding teams to half the offensive output their accustomed to.

David Defatta, Punter - great job flipping the field position with hanging punts that aren't returned and putting 11 inside the 20.

David Campbell - currently 31 career FG's with a long of 55. 9 of 10 Kickoff's go for touchbacks, 122 career Touchbacks. Help put points on the board, and keeps field position in Franklins favor.

Ben Cross, Carl Gillam, Ben Seale, Daniel Thompson, Tim Leach, T O, and the rest of the O Line - great execution opening up holes for the running game that averages 5.5 yards per carry.

Tim Johnson, Danny Nowell, Donnie Webb, Coach Jones, Coach Curtis, Coach Parsons, Grand Daddy, Coach Alonzo - great job inspiring these guys and teaching them to BELIEVE!

Not sure about that, Brentwood knocked them out of the playoffs, won state in volleyball and cross country. I'm not sure they have the better athletes. What i was saying, this might be the 3rd time now, Brentwood would be a football dynasty right now had they been able to keep all the athletes. They were split right at their peak. But as rebel27 said, this is the Riverdale-Franklin post so let's drop it. Congratulations to Franklin for making it out of this tough region. Best of luck against Riverdale.

825458167[/snapback]

Riverdale was split apart 4 years ago to form Blackman High School. We got several people who would have started at Riverdale. RHS would be unstopable from 2000-2002 if BHS had never been built. The class of '02 team went 9-0 as freshmen, winning the Lions Bowl, and we outscored every team by an average of over 3 or 4 TD's.

Guest Oakland
Riverdale was split apart 4 years ago to form Blackman High School.  We got several people who would have started at Riverdale.  RHS would be unstopable from 2000-2002 if BHS had never been built.  The class of '02 team went 9-0 as freshmen, winning the Lions Bowl, and we outscored every team by an average of over 3 or 4 TD's.

825458299[/snapback]

thats like saying oakland basketball would be unstopable if siegel had never been built.