Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale .....they are suppose to win it every year ...at least that's what I've heard every year since I can remember. But wait.....it doesn't always happen!! Wonder why that is? Could it be:

1) They are cocky?

2) They play in a weak region and by the time they win the semis they figure they have played the best?

3) They are cocky?

4) They read their press clipings?

5) Their superstars get offers to D1 schools and then figure a State Championship doesn't matter?

Why is it that inferior programs like Brentwood and Germantown beat great teams like Riverdale?

Shoot I don't think Franklin should even bother to dress out. Why waste the gas money...lets just give them the trophy now. TSSAA call the engravers and have them .... on second thought why don't we just suit up and see if David might be in the mood to kick Golliath's butt.

825455487[/snapback]

Or could it be because they don't always have the best team? OR even the second best? But they know how to win. I doubt many would have called them the favorites in 2002 or 2003. They probably should not have even made it to the BCB. But they did, not because of clippings or D-1 offers( of which there are very few), but because of coaching, tradition and a great work ethic.

Start yourself a tradition, then you'll understand.

I CAN'T STAND FRANKLIN OR FRANKLIN FANS.

THE FACT THAT FRANKLIN PAID OFF THE REFEREES AT THE BRENTWOOD-FRANKLIN QUARTERFINAL SHOULD BE A MAJOR BLEMISH ON THEIR RECORD.

THEY'RE FAILURES AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE RIVERDALE SEND SOME OF THEM HOME ON A STRETCHER.  thumb

825456386[/snapback]

Just shut up please! Dont sit here and tell us that Franklin paid off the refs when we got almost all the flags. We got a roughing the kicker when you guys should of had one to and ya'll also got away with plenty of holding calls.

You just need to quit your whining and move on. The Franklin Brentwood game is over and in the past. This is about Franklin and Riverdale now so just SHUT IT!!!!!

Dont count Franklin out of this game yet. They still have a chance. They have heart to win so expect a good fight from the Rebels.

THE FACT THAT FRANKLIN PAID OFF THE REFEREES AT THE BRENTWOOD-FRANKLIN QUARTERFINAL SHOULD BE A MAJOR BLEMISH ON THEIR RECORD.

THEY'RE FAILURES AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE RIVERDALE SEND SOME OF THEM HOME ON A STRETCHER.  thumb

825456386[/snapback]

Oh yea and if we ( Franklin) are failures we would not be in the state championship game, But we are so were not.

Since Brentwood isnt there you can say the Bruins are failures, your choice. I am noit saying they are failurs because they made it to the quaters but you can think however you want.

825456386[/snapback]

What's the deal on "paying off the referees?"

What's the deal on "paying off the referees?"

825456414[/snapback]

Brentwood likes to say that Franklin does that when they win in a close game. Bruin fans can not take it when they loose to the rebels. They have to blame the lose on the refs and say the Rebels paid them to go against the bruins. It is really stupid for that brentwood guy to bring up

Riverdale[/url]' date='Nov 28 2004 - 02:59 PM']Start yourself a tradition, then you'll understand.

825456335[/snapback]

I'd say under Tim Johnson that a tradition has been started. 11-2, quarterfinals for only the 2nd time in school history in 2002. 11-3, semifinals for the first time ever in 2003. 13-1, state championship berth for the first time ever in 2004. I'd say a tradition is well underway.

Guest region4fan
IF his name was Oaklandfan, I wouldn't.  But he is supporting Franklin, not Riverdale.  So his moniker is a lie.  Hence, region4traitor.

825456336[/snapback]

Hahahahahahahahaha..................please pass the PUFFS, Riverdale. You have just hurt my wee lil feelings with that remark.

I will tell you that I will go by whatever name that I choose to go by, and will support whatever I please and WHOMEVER I please. Right now that happens to be FRANKLIN with Coach DONNIE WEBB as their DC!!

I can guarantee you that if Coach Britton was at another school and they were playing in a HUGE game like this one......and your kid loved CoachB like I am sure he does...that you wouldn't want to see him do well?There is NO way you would be cheering for OHS against Coach Britton. And there is NO way I would cheer against my son's FAVORITE coach! It was hard enough when we played against them at Oakland to be against him.No contest when playing against Riverdale.he has my LOYALTY , and if you can't understand that...then so be it and grab the PUFFS.

Donnie left OHS to go to be HC at Henry County as it was his home. He got treated like a dang dog there.So HECK yes, I want him to win another ring to show them what they missed out on.

Now why this is such a big deal is beyond me. Why do you want me on your side?? Good grief, all of you give me the business everytime I post. So you should be happy I am not in the trenches with you!