Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to make a sign. a sign that'll be very noticable and most likely to be shown on live coverage. im definately going to be there friday. any idea on how cold its going to be friday night?

825463067[/snapback]

Supposed to be a low of 33. Hopefully without last year's rain and snow.

Respect?? I'm not the one who thinks Weathers and Donald is going to run wild all over Alcoa, and I haven't said anything about Alcoa dominating this game, I just know our players aren't going to get ran over by Donald like most people on here think.  Also, If I'm not mistaken it was Huntingdon fans accusing our players of running their mouths to the Mustang players, and I know that they haven't. And hearing that the real championship was played last week (Huntingdon vs. Milan), doesn't show much respect.  Also calling us rich mountain boys just because we get the oppurtunity to practice a few days at UT.... Listen, I have tons of respect for Huntingdon, anyone would be foolish not to (two strait appearences in the state championship), I'm just trying to defend our team and players.

825463023[/snapback]

Tom142.. Thanks.. Like I said in an earlier post we know all about Alcoa and their storied history. Does anybody know what ever happened to Albert and David Davis that played for Alcoa in the early 70's? I think Albert played for UT a couple of years and I think he went to TSU after that. We know our football here in Huntingdon and respect Alcoa very much but don't fear them. I'll think you'll see that Huntingdon has an exciting team. We had heard that Alcoa was the team to beat all year long here in West Tennessee. No disrespect to Alcoa but the Mustang fans are really excited to be playing Alcoa and like to "talk" about the game even if it's in jest most of the time. Good luck to both teams and hope the game is injury free. If you get a chance before the game come on over to the Huntingdon side and see the fun our fans have in the stands. We're quite creative if I do say so myself. Hard to pull it off at MTSU but we try... B)

I couldn't really tell you where Davis ended up, you may want to ask one of the older Alcoa fans, lol. I am, like you, excited about seeing the athleticism of both teams, and I'll say it right now, the match up of the night will be when Chris Donald and Brandon Warren or Rae Sykes collide, it may register on the richter scale. If I do pass by the Huntingdon side, give me a shout, I'll be the one with a maroon letter painted on my chest :(.

I couldn't really tell you where Davis ended up, you may want to ask one of the older Alcoa fans, lol.  I am, like you, excited about seeing the athleticism of both teams, and I'll say it right now, the match up of the night will be when Chris Donald and Brandon Warren or Rae Sykes collide, it may register on the richter scale.  If I do pass by the Huntingdon side, give me a shout, I'll be the one with a maroon letter painted on my chest  :D.

825463262[/snapback]

Tom142 .. I will be easy to find too. I'll have a big "H" on my chest from shaving the hair off! :o

Until just a few mintues ago, I thought Lindsey played like a free saftey...I sure didnt know he was a linebacker. I know this is a little off the subject, but wouldnt have Rod Smith been a better linebacker than saftey? Opinions? This Lindsey kid sounds about the same size as Rod. And is Lindsey not going to be dead by the 4th quarter?

Edited by westtn2004state

And is Lindsey not going to be dead by the 4th quarter?

Lindsey played four quarters both ways last week and had plenty left at the end. As some of the younger players have developed he has been given the opportunity to rest on some defensive series. Good question but I don't think it will be an issue.

Do either of Huntingdon's running backs play both ways?

The thing that I find very entertaining about this thread is these two young fellas trying to come up with a defense to stop Huntingdon. Kevin Ward, Jeff Morris, etc. etc. must be morons. They should have asked you college kids. Huntingdon throws when they want to, you don't dictate that to them. Last friday night I sit in the stands and watched a drive that started from around the Mustang 20 with roughly 7 min and some change left on the clock. We all knew that if they didn't score on this drive, it was over.  At some time during that drive I remember thinking," they'll have to throw the ball", it was third and 5. Still they ran. It was a sea of purple. In my mind all I could think was " Swenson, you're gonna have to let one fly down here or we're gonna run out of time"  Huntingdon calls time out somewhere inside the milan 20 with just over a minute left. I think it was 3rd and five. I figured some kind of flood pass to at least take a shot at the end zone. Offtackle, touchdown. Since the Martin game in 97 I don't think i've witnessed a more methodical drive in high school football. And the best part, beating milan on Johnny heck field by 5 points.  thumb

825461493[/snapback]

Dear old dad, yall mustangs had a little help on that drive from the officials, especially when they waved off the illegal substition. But it was a good drive, and we didnt stop yall when it matterd most. Little note, dont disrecpect us our stadium, because we have more storied tradition than Huntingdon. Yall are just begining to get even close to ours. Good luck on Alcoa, if there only loss was to Maryville, you know they are for real.