How does Alcoa?Maryville do it?

rigger101

Congrats on the win to both of these great teams. Good luck next week. I think it is just amazing on how both of these schools are so close and yet still so good. How do the people get to choose which school they go to?

825455887[/snapback]

It's divides by a Street sometimes. If you live on one side it's Alcoa on the other it's Maryville.

quote: It is sad that when a private school has the same success as these 2 schools seem to have that they are accused of recruting or cheating somehow.

Don't feel alone Maryville has been accused of recruiting for years. It's said if your a good football player in Blount county, U find a way to go to Maryville.

Even if it isn't true who could blame them. Great School, Fans, team and coaches. When we lived in Kingsport we heard the same thing about the DB Tribe program. If you were good you could pay an out of town cost and go to DB. Good football players want to play for good programs.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh they have good feeder programs alright. William blount and heritage feed them both. Why do you think they can't win. Sort of reminds you of a private school. I wonder how many players pay tution or should I say how many should be paying. Blount county has Alcoa, Maryville, william blount and Heritage. All the good players in the county go to Alcoa or Maryville. Some players come from further away than that. If all of the players in blount county went to the school they should then you would have four average teams in blount county and not two good teams. If ever county took all the good players and put them on one team they would be the same. Go get your players to compete.

My hat off to the two programs.  I have traveled from West Knoxville to watch your programs over the last 4 years.

As a Football fan it amazes me that 2 teams can have State Championship caliber teams that are separated by a street.  :P

Does anyone else know of an area in TN that has the Success of Alcoa/Maryville in football Championships?

I mean they live side by side and have won numerous State Championships in the same year while there county Counterparts stink up the field. :P

Your doing something right and have great football communities. thumb

Good Luck and bring home he Hardware!

825455356[/snapback]

The only comparison that comes to mind is Marion Co. and South pittsburg. They are seperated by maybe 10 miles in the same county and are each others biggest rival. They combined to win 6 state titles in the 90's and each won their class in 94 I believe. Eddie Moore and Eric Westmorland, both NFL'ers played there. It is the longest consecutive rivalry in the state. But their tallent is not up every year compared to Maryville and Alcoa's.

OMG if Maryville and Alcoa combined to make one school? Imagin havin a line like maryvile had during the '98 or '03 season blocking for Running backs Dustin Lindsey and Carl Stewart with Quarterbacks like Cade Thompson, Michael George, Nick Giles and Joei Fiegler...and defenses like '00 alcoa that gave up 6.3 pts a game or maryvilles the following years that did the same. Maybe some red and silver uniforms...humm think i could cheer for the Maryville Red Tornnadoes who wouldnt i mean after sat there could be 14 state championships between the 2 schools thats Pride Tradition and Excellence!!!!!!

OMG if Maryville and Alcoa combined to make one school? Imagin havin a line like maryvile had during the '98 or '03 season blocking for Running backs Dustin Lindsey and Carl Stewart with Quarterbacks like Cade Thompson, Michael George, Nick Giles and Joei Fiegler...and defenses like '00 alcoa that gave up 6.3 pts a game or maryvilles the following years that did the same. Maybe some red and silver uniforms...humm think i could cheer for the Maryville Red Tornnadoes who wouldnt i mean after sat there could be 14 state championships between the 2 schools thats Pride Tradition and Excellence!!!!!!

825457304[/snapback]

I could be wrong but I think in the late 70s early 80s their was talk of building ONE city High School and combine Maryville & Alcoa