District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

I have seen both Rutledge and CG play and as far as talent Rutledge wins that battle. Crockett and Brim are good but that is about it. Fultz is big and strong but he is not a good basketball player. But proctecting home court is very important. I dont think Rutledge will not be able to run up and down the court with CG - minus Fultz. I would like to watch this game. I just dont think Rutledge can play on the road like they do at home.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect Rutledge to go unbeaten in the District. I do think they have a shot against Cumberland Gap, but will probably lose since it is at CG. South greene should be careful against Union. They are palying well and the difference in officiating at Union makes this one close I think. I pick Union to pull the upset. Pigeon will win big, and Chuckey beats GP.

Just now getting back on here from my last post. I do like to see what's going on in this district from time to time. I am not from Seymour although I do know Coach Moore very well, and I also have a lot of respect for Coach Combs. I am from Knoxville and I have really enjoyed checking Rutledge out over the last few years in person numerous times. RHS, I have no idea why I'm a moderator on here except that coacht asked me to. It definitely has nothing to do with any credentials. I apologize to anyone who thinks that I have bashed Rutledge in the past. I'm still at a loss on how my last post was bashing Rutledege. All I did was point out the difference in out of conference scheduling for teams around Knoxville compared to Rutledge and Pigeon Forge. RHS, you have always had issues with my posts and I've never understood the hostility, but I really don't care what you think or feel about my intelligence. Anyone who has paid attention to my posts over the last few years knows that I work hard to get East TN some attention on this website and also through Ranking services. I only had good things to say about McBee, Day, Singleton and others in the past, but I will gladly refrain from any more comments about Rutledge since they bother RHS02 so much. Gomab, has asked me to do East TN rankings in the past, and he along with Andre Whitehead from Bob Gibbons, speak to me about individual players and I have always given Rutledge and their players props especially Singleton who I thought was extremely underrated. If you look at my pre-Christmas rankings I had Rutledge at #1 along with Cumberland Gap for this area...........Anyway, I will stay away from this thread from here on out so RHS you can chill.... KevB, gloryseeker and others keep up the intelligent work and I will read, but not share my unintelligent opinion again.......ps...sorry if I have offended any of the Pioneer faithful, no disrespect intended...adios

Edited by chill

So far I think the Rebels have lived up to their expectations. No they are not first right now, but still people are picking them as the 1 seed come tournament time. I mean considering they had to replace a 4 year starting point guard who was a true leader and played his role as well as anybody. The Rebs have the talent but they just haven't been playing like they are capable of, but still they are winning. If they could turn it up a notch I don't think anybody will be able to beat them. I am not saying they wont lose again in the district, who knows they might. After the Union County game Friday they will have already played at the hard places in the conference (Rutledge, GP, Union). With a lot of games at home, SG has a big

advantage.

Just now getting back on here from my last post. I do like to see what's going on in this district from time to time. I am not from Seymour although I do know Coach Moore very well, and I also have a lot of respect for Coach Combs. I am from Knoxville and I have really enjoyed checking Rutledge out over the last few years in person numerous times. RHS, I have no idea why I'm a moderator on here except that coacht asked me to. It definitely has nothing to do with any credentials. I apologize to anyone who thinks that I have bashed Rutledge in the past. I'm still at a loss on how my last post was bashing Rutledege. All I did was point out the difference in out of conference scheduling for teams around Knoxville compared to Rutledge and Pigeon Forge. RHS, you have always had issues with my posts and I've never understood the hostility, but I really don't care what you think or feel about my intelligence. Anyone who has paid attention to my posts over the last few years knows that I work hard to get East TN some attention on this website and also through Ranking services. I only had good things to say about McBee, Day, Singleton and others in the past, but I will gladly refrain from any more comments about Rutledge since they bother RHS02 so much. Gomab, has asked me to do East TN rankings in the past, and he along with Andre Whitehead from Bob Gibbons, speak to me about individual players and I have always given Rutledge and their players props especially Singleton who I thought was extremely underrated. If you look at my pre-Christmas rankings I had Rutledge at #1 along with Cumberland Gap for this area...........Anyway, I will stay away from this thread from here on out so RHS you can chill.... KevB, gloryseeker and others keep up the intelligent work and I will read, but not share my unintelligent opinion again.......ps...sorry if I have offended any of the Pioneer faithful, no disrespect intended...adios

825508942[/snapback]

I really didn't know where you where from Chill...just making a guess.

BTW, RHS02 had a really bad night on his way back from Seymour...had engine troubles...probably not in the best of moods. He's not usually so ornery.

Chill, Quit being a baby! Keep posting, but you have to be willing to take it if you are going to dish it out. Don't worry about RHS02s feelings. He seems like a big boy and he's not running away. Your post didin't seem all that bad to me but I could see how it could be taken the wrong way. Anyway lets get back to the Business of 2AA basketball and the ongoing Discussion between Gloryseeker and Playhard. Sorry to get off topic. Come on back Chill.

I'm not sure that there is an easy place to play in this district. With the parity in this district, you almost have to make everyone a favorite, or at least better, at home. Is goes back to the main discussion in this board, anyone can beat anyone at any time. So I'm not sure that anyone will want to go on the road and I think everyone has already lost a road game, with the exception of RHS. Once again it should be a great tourny.

Also for chill, with this being a nine team district, the entire schedule is almost full just with district games. So it is tough to play many big teams after you play traditional rivals that are non district. I cannot speak for everyone, but PF has played as tough a schedule as possible. Playing Lebanon, Clinton, Bearden, Chattanooga Howard, and Greeneville with games still to be played against, Seymour (2), Clinton (1), and Cocke Co. (1).

I was fortunate enough to watch my boys play tonight since I am in for the holidays. They looked like a different team from the first half of the season. Congratulations to the guys on beating South Greene for the first time (even though we should have won in districts last year). UC might be able to surprise some people down the stretch.

C'mon A.J....I know you didn't say UC should've won the district last year...

I mean...you're my boy and I want you to excel in college, but that's a bit overboard on what should've happened last year.

Like me saying the Pioneers should've been in Murfreesboro when McBee and Bishop were seniors...

C'mon A.J....I know you didn't say UC should've won the district last year...

I mean...you're my boy and I want you to excel in college, but that's a bit overboard on what should've happened last year.

Like me saying the Pioneers should've been in Murfreesboro when McBee and Bishop were seniors...

825510600[/snapback]

I think he was just referring to the district game last year, and not the championships, but I could be mistaken. He is after all the Walter Mitty of Union County. :lol: The Patriots still suffer from the same problem they have had for a few years now, a lack of consistent post play to go far in the tourny, but could still suprise if they are shooting well from outside. Coach Jessee has done a good job, but when you must rely so heavily on your outside game it is hard to beat good teams, or win on the road when you have an off night shooting.

I was at the game and he got fouled...you guys have no one to blame but yourselves...

Not for fouling Sauceman, but for missing all those free throws before he had a chance to shoot to win at the end of game...

I saw that when UT lost to Nebraska...why even give the ref a chance to call a foul 35 feet away from the basket.