District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

Got to see the CG & SG play tonight. I think the Cats could have won if they had continue to take it inside and let the big guys score.

The Rebels are just explosive from the guard position and they were just playing more aggressive, taking the ball to the Cats drawing fouls.

I do believe the 2nd half was change due the foul count, (not making excuses) just took the Cats out of their game. It seemed to be a little one sided there for a quarter and a half.

Anyway great game to be at and best of luck to the teams going into the Regionals. Make District 2AA proud.

Edited by jgarrison

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to see the CG & SG play tonight. I think the Cats could have won if they had continue to take it inside and let the big guys score.

The Rebels are just explosive from the guard position and they were just playing more aggressive, taking the ball to the Cats drawing fouls.

I do believe the 2nd half was change due the foul count, (not making excuses) just took the Cats out of their game. It seemed to be a little one sided there for a quarter and a half.

Anyway great game to be at and best of luck to the teams going into the Regionals. Make District 2AA proud.

825585264[/snapback]

Nice to meet you and ladtytigermom tonight! The Lady Tigers sure look like state champs from my seat. If there's a better girls team out there, I want to see them play.

Good luck tomorrow night! If Kev shows up again, introduce us.

Gotta go watch my recording of Survivor, then off to bed.

Sports Guy...good statements in your posts. It seems that you might be a follower of CG basketball, and I am very happy to see you on here!  thumb  I agree with your assessment on Brooks playing tough defense. Since the strategy worked against PF do you think they will play much the same way against SG?

Tonight's matchups are likely to be some very good ones. CG lost by 2 and 3 to South Greene this season, but if they play the way that they did Tuesday night against PF then they should come out victorious in this one. Just expect a well played game from both teams. As for Claiborne and Union County....I think that one is up in the air. In our district, anything seems to be possible.

825583748[/snapback]

I did play by play for the Panthers on the radio this season. we're covering all district games, and at least Cumberland Gap, Claiborne, and Union County in Unicoi next week.

Listen in on WLMU 91.3, WCTU 105.9 (stronger signal), or catch us on the internet at http://radio.lmunet.edu. We are also linked at the home page of our monthly local sports paper, http://www.pinnaclesportsview.com.

Edited by The Sports Guy