District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

in response to coach58, i am by all means a SUPPORTER and also not ain any way biased towards just the seniors. but you have to understand, when there are starters, that's mainly the people that play...THE STARTERS.....so to see the talent that is going to be lossed is something that is capable of CG to bounce back from...but may take a year or two to get into gear. I have also followed the JV boys and know that given a year if that, they will be able to come back and make CG a powerhouse in the district once again. So if you misunderstood what i was trying to get across....then i apologize. but make no mistake, CG is my TEAM and i am a FOLLOWER, SUPPORTER, ANYTHING of them. Also i agree with your comment about the "6th man" Barry Brooks. i put that title because he is always the first to go in. He can play any position, is not a ball-hog by any means, and is 3rd in the state in free throw percentage. If for no other reason he should be considered a starter, or the "6th man." :D

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked a question...I'd like an answer.

The All-District selections aren't supposed to be public until this Saturday before the region tournament.

So...who released it?

825577481[/snapback]

KevB, not sure who released the information. My daughter's coach told me this weekend when I picked her up from practice. She didn't mention who released the information.

I asked a question...I'd like an answer.

The All-District selections aren't supposed to be public until this Saturday before the region tournament.

So...who released it?

825577481[/snapback]

The players are selected at the district meeting, so it either had to be a coach or a media person. I would like to think that it wasn't a coach. These names are not supposed to be released for a reason. I haven't seen any names on here except the two supposedly "Players of the Year" . Have all of the names been released? I sure hope not. I did see that the girls' Player of the Year has also been released. This is shameful!

The players are selected at the district meeting, so it either had to be a coach or a media person.  I would like to think that it wasn't a coach.  These names are not supposed to be released for a reason.  I haven't seen any names on here except the two supposedly "Players of the Year" .  Have all of the names been released?  I sure hope not.  I did see that the girls' Player of the Year has also been released.  This is shameful!

825577643[/snapback]

For what it's worth if the name of the girl who got the MVP is correct, then the decision making is clearly a joke.

Okay KevB where were you tonight? I look for you during the Rutledge girls game.

Well I think the process of selecting the MVP and District is decided by the Coaches of that district.

825578216[/snapback]

I was in Morristown...on the West End even, but I had a fluff assignment that kept me from the Tourney.

Randy Sanders spoke at Angelos and I had to be there for it...yawn...

Only a 49-point win for the Lady Tigers jgarrison? I'm disappointed. LOL

:)

KevB, and Hoosiers20, just wondering are you both upset about the Co-MVP and all district team info? It seemed from your responses to Coach58 that you were.

Why is this such a big deal anyway? Why are you acting like it is top secret information that nobody is supposed to know? Why does it matter if the list is put out now or later? Please explain the logic behind this. Just curious?

825578814[/snapback]

For me, it's the principle of the thing.

I went to the meeting and I got the info on the All-District team for the paper and the coaches agreed not to release it until after the tournament. Obviously, some coach let it out early either to

A.) Fire up someone on the team.

B.) Just be disrespectful to the rest of the coaches in the league.

Now seeing as how the Greene Co. teams are going back to District 1 next season and they had players involved in the MVP for both boys and girls, I consider them to be the guilty party...

Or it could be a coach from another team who just wants to use it as motivation...I don't know.

But because the coaches agreed to hold the info until after the tournament is the reason why I'm hacked...I would've run it last weekend if I had known this was going on.

Edited by KevB1990

For me, it's the principle of the thing.

I went to the meeting and I got the info on the All-District team for the paper and the coaches agreed not to release it until after the tournament. Obviously, some coach let it out early either to

A.) Fire up someone on the team.

B.) Just be disrespectful to the rest of the coaches in the league.

Now seeing as how the Greene Co. teams are going back to District 1 next season and they had players involved in the MVP for both boys and girls, I consider them to be the guilty party...

Or it could be a coach from another team who just wants to use it as motivation...I don't know.

But because the coaches agreed to hold the info until after the tournament is the reason why I'm hacked...I would've run it last weekend if I had known this was going on.

825578883[/snapback]

So, basically what you're saying is that the information that was leaked on here is correct. If that's the case, it's a shame for the girl's mvp & all district. But it's not really that important what "other" coaches might think of any particular player...what counts is which team won the district, advances to the regionals and then on to the state. Go PFHS! thumb

So Allen Dewyse is the co MVP i DO NOT AGREE with this Sauceman is by far the best player around anywhere, Allen's name doesn't even belong in the same sentence as MVP, Dewyse will have to really show me something before i say that he is the MVP or even co mvp.and whoever said that nobody in the district can guard dewyse that a pile of crap. dewyse and his team will be lucky to make it out of the first round.so cya later dewyse somebody has to go home cryin.

Let me be the first to congratulate the CG Panthers on their win tonight over PF!! It was a slow game for awhile (20-15 at halftime in favor of PF), but the pace really picked up in the 3rd quarter and shifted in favor of CG and they won by 25 with a score of 59-34.

Big play tonight from Fultz and Crockett, and the Panthers held DeWyse to 12 points. Now we have to move on and look forward to South Greene on Thursday night. Good luck guys!! thumb