Why Doesn't TN have Weigh-ins day prior?

rigger101

Talked to a Former Wrestling coach from MI last night and he said that in MI they send in their weights and line ups to the opposing team the night prior to the match.

I thought that sounded crazy until he told me the logic. He said that they do this so that kids eat health the night and day of the match.

That made sense to me.

Has that ever been considered in TN?

Rigger:  I think that the way to cheat the certification system is cutting about 4lbs under your desired weight and then drinking that weight in water to make up the deficit.  I could be wrong, never had to do that.

825460128[/snapback]

That's exactly how you do it, but I wouldn't call that cheating, because it's not against the rules. Even if you were below your minimum predicted weight, they can't force you to gain.

It's simply playing by the rules, as they are. Just like Paul Hamm getting the gold medal.

That's exactly how you do it, but I wouldn't call that cheating, because it's not against the rules.  Even if you were below your minimum predicted weight, they can't force you to gain.

It's simply playing by the rules, as they are.  Just like Paul Hamm getting the gold medal.

825460135[/snapback]

You know that sweet boy deserved the medal.

Rigger:  I think that the way to cheat the certification system is cutting about 4lbs under your desired weight and then drinking that weight in water to make up the deficit.  I could be wrong, never had to do that.

825460128[/snapback]

Yeah, my son had been injured prior to the season and weighed in at 119. If he was eating healthy he would be at 112 right now. We have him on protein shakes and eating anything he wants and he weighs about 115 after practice every day.

The Certification said he could only go down to 116.

It's crazy.