Halls loses to Greenfield

ladyk

Halls had a terrible night offensively. RaySean Patrick had 20 points out of 42 points. Walter Tate had 13.Demarcus Patrick was not shooting well (5 points), and we didn't have Paris Brown due to injury. Jarvis Roberts played with an injured ankle as well. Halls didn't have the best night, but the officiating was terrible. Everytime Halls would get into the game, the refs called fouls on them. Halls had 13 fouls called on them in the second half compared to Greenfields' 1 (13-1)! B)Greenfield was shooting bonus with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Greenfield got called for their only foul with four minutes left in the fourth quarter. HALLS had at least 23 or 24 fouls called on them for the whole game. Greenfield only had seven called on them for the whole game. You do the math. Sounds pretty obvious to me! And they still only beat us by three. The ending score was 45-42. All I can say is we can't wait to host GREENFIELD on JANUARY 31st. BE PREPARED BECAUSE ITS GOING TO BE NASTY! IT WON'T GO ON IN OUR HOUSE!!!! :oB)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady K..Lady K.Lady K..I just don't know about you girl..You guys must have had that sorry official from Trenton that I keep referring to...I know for a fact he doesn't like either of our teamd..I.ve seen him at both Lake Co and Halls when it was a near riot both games..Your South Fulton game about three years ago when the game was stopped and several fans were made to leave and at Lake Co where it was so bad that the principal at Lake Co at the time had to get in front of the bleaches and tell everyone to sit down..The principal asked the officials to go out the back door that night..We had 12 fouls called against us in the second half against Middleton and they only had 1 at one time...But anyway I.m not sure he even had your game...I just hope we don't have him against Trenton...Anyway back to the game..what have you always heard,put yourself in a position to where the officials can't hurt you..I tried to tell you that even though your team is very quick,a team can play them straight up..You guys are more of a straight up shootig team and don't have someone like Strayhorn to slash to the basket and either make an easy shot,get fouled,ordish it out to an open man...But also I realize there are going to be games that our team may not shoot the ball well..Both our teams may get away with that against some teams but against Trenton,Middleton,Greenfield,J.C.S and teams of that calibre we had better be on our game..Lake Co has played two really good ball games this year and the other two games we played good for a half in each one of those games..We still came out with wins in both of those games but had it been Trenton or those other teams I mentioned above ,we could very well have two losses..Jamar Mays,the shooter everyone doesn't think we can win without has struggled with his shot the first three games and has not started the last two games and didn't play but about 4 minutes the whole game against Middleton..But anyway,everything is going to be okay for your Tigers

LadyK I don't want to start anything with you because I like the way you post. You are honest with you opinions even though you have loyalty to Halls just as I am to Greenfield so don't take this in bad way.

I wasn't there last night so I can't say to much about that game but I know from experience that the game will the exact opposite when it in Halls. It was every time I played there and isn't going to change. So it will go on in your house just in yalls favor. Again don't take that as "fighting words".

Anybody have any stats from Greenfield for the game?

LadyK I don't want to start anything with you because I like the way you post. You are honest with you opinions even though you have loyalty to Halls just as I am to Greenfield so don't take this in bad way.

I wasn't there last night so I can't say to much about that game but I know from experience that the game will the exact opposite when it in Halls. It was every time I played there and isn't going to change. So it will go on in your house just in yalls favor. Again don't take that as "fighting words".

Anybody have any stats from Greenfield for the game?

825461544[/snapback]

jvaughn, you know that I tell the truth when I'm posting. When we lost to Lake County last year, I told everyone Lake County deserved to win. But last night was just terrible. Halls had 24 fouls compared to Greenfields 7. We never got to shoot a bonus last night. If they didn't foul us in the act of shooting, which they may have called once, we didn't get to go to the free throw line. Greenfield had 6 fouls called on them in first half, and only one was called in the WHOLE second half (and that was in the fourth quarter). All of our starting five had at least three fouls. Nobody can win a game if you're getting called for fouls everytime you block a shot or steal the ball. You should've came last night. You wouldn't be able to say what you said. I bet there wasn't a player on Greenfield's team with more than one foul. It was many that didn't have one. Again we (Halls) were without Paris Brown and Jarvis Roberts is still nursing an ankle injury as well. When we get healthy, its going to be trouble for a lot of teams. All I have to say is, come to Halls on January 31st. I'm sure they'll have a lot to prove that night. :huh:

Lady K..I have a crying towel just for you..The only thing is it is green and gold with a Falcon on it..I may have a bunch of them made and pass them out at the Lake Co-Halls game...Then everytime you want to think about what a great team really looks like in the Lake Co Falcons, you can look at the towels and cry some more...I.m just kidding...Good luck to you guys in your next game!

Lady K..Good luck with your Tigers against U.S.J. tonight and Middle College tomorrow night...I want you to give me a little scouting report on Middle and what you think...How does their talent compare to Greenfield or Obion Cen,teams that we both have actually seen...Lake Co plays Fulton Ky.Friday night but I won't be able to go..I am heading to the Boro tomorrow morning to see the State championship football games Friday and Saturday...I will also be running around a little ,try to find my way around,because I plan on being there again in a few months with my Falcons....Playing,not watching I might add....After tomorrow night's game,Lake Co will play again Tuesday at Dyer Co....Friday night Lake Co will play Trenton and if things go well we should go in that game at 6-0...Then we will be able to see how we compare with their height and our speed ..Plus we have a little height of our own ,even though not 6'7 or 6'8 but Papa Clay and Theo Clark can jump with those guys..

Don't forget about the WHITBY magic in Tiptonville this season.. A brand new floor and from all reports from the Falcon faithful they say the fish even taste better down there ;) Just go and sit in the gym sometime during a game against a Halls or a Trenton Peabody and just sit there and close your eyes and it feels like 86" all over again!! thumb

Be representing LC!!

Don't forget about the WHITBY magic in Tiptonville this season.. A brand new floor and from all reports from the Falcon faithful they say the fish even taste better down there ;)  Just go and sit in the gym sometime during a game against a Halls or a Trenton Peabody and just sit there and close your eyes and it feels like 86" all over again!! thumb

Be representing LC!!

825463653[/snapback]

That would be that ole OC 86 feelin ,right??...LOL...

Mr. Bigster... Thanks for the wish of good luck tonight and tomorrow. Looks like we'll need it (if we have the same refs :D ). I meant to tell you that you were right about putting yourself in a position where the refs can't hurt you. That's always good info. I wish Lake County good luck as well (especially when they play Trenton). I feel we (Halls and Lake County) are looked at as the underdogs all the time. So we have to pep each other up before games! :D But I rather they lose now than to lose in the tournaments. GO HALLS! thumb