OS/AC game friday night at AC

Not my District, but I think OS will win. If your OS just go box and 1 on Rod and take control of the game. I believe she is half of their points every game if not by scoring then by making play for other players. You have to take her out of the loop and force turn overs.

If I was AC I would stay on the outside shooters because they can light them up if open. 2 is better than 3

anyway just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck to both teams.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AC is going to get them it better be now at home. I heard OS is a tough place to play lot smaller gym, fans sit close to you and they make it tough for visiting teams.

I like home teams on their home floor, but this time I have to go with the Lady Bobcats.

AC has a better chance if someone else steps up and scores 15 or so besides Rod. According to box scores Rod has lead them by alot in scoring. If she is a little off and no one can pick up the scoring then it is going to be tougher for them. ;)

825464457[/snapback]

that is teh way things went when rodd was at clinton...sometimes she was on and had excellent games, but when she was off teh team struggled...

Not my District, but I think OS will win. If your OS just go box and 1 on Rod and take control of the game. I believe she is half of their points every game if not by scoring then by making play for other players. You have to take her out of the loop and force turn overs.

If I was AC I would stay on the outside shooters because they can light them up if open. 2 is better than 3

anyway just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck to both teams.

825464987[/snapback]

It's not that easy. Tiffany Rodd is a match-up nightmare. At about 6'2", she can post up anybody that's not her size, and anyone big and slow she can take outside and light up. If you have a big, and athletic girl, maybe, but she will still get hers. The other point is that AC has alot of options this year. Alyssa Bryant and Ashley Worthington are both three year starters now, and both can score 20 on a given night if you place too much attention elsewhere. If Blaire Ellis is left open, and she's on, it could be a long night for opposing teams also. I really like the twin tower approach AC can bring at you offensively and defensively when Rodd and Dupree are both in the game. OS believes they can win, that's their advantage in the game tonight. If AC can jump out to a lead tonight, or be close late, they may believe they will win also. In that case I like the lady Mavs to turn the corner tonight, and become the team to beat in this district.

I think the Lady Mavs are quite capable! Just curious, who do they have right now that will help them down the road. I have heard some players on their bench are good ballplayers, too. I am not implying their starters are in the wrong place or anything, I just heard their bench has a lot of potential too! Can any of these girls reach the heights with their play? If so, who? :rolleyes:

I've seen some of the stuff here about the younger players at AC, and let me say this. I believe this is a time to talk about the team that's on the floor now. Obviously, on any team who plays or doesn't play is discussed in the stands and over dinner tables throughout that community, and that's fine, it's even fun. Bottom line though is it's a coaches decision, and it has to be respected. Do you have to agree with it, no. Do you have to respect it, yes.

AC is 4-0. Enough said. Coach Mike Ellis should be commended, not second guessed. I believe AC has the makings of a power program for years to come at this point with alot of talent in the under classes, plus they are winning now. How do you pick at that? thumb

I'm curious as to when people ask how good the bench is and the future of the team people seem to get upset like they are making assumptions. I may be missing something here, but all I read is people asking how the younger players are doing. I see this on other post and nobody seems to get his or her feathers ruffled, why this school.

Is there more going on that outside people can't see?

I've seen some of the stuff here about the younger players at AC, and let me say this. I believe this is a time to talk about the team that's on the floor now. Obviously, on any team who plays or doesn't play is discussed in the stands and over dinner tables throughout that community, and that's fine, it's even fun. Bottom line though is it's a coaches decision, and it has to be respected. Do you have to agree with it, no. Do you have to respect it, yes.

AC is 4-0. Enough said. Coach Mike Ellis should be commended, not second guessed. I believe AC has the makings of a power program for years to come at this point with alot of talent in the under classes, plus they are winning now. How do you pick at that? thumb

825466130[/snapback]

Looking objectively at the talent, since I don't have a maverick in the fight as some do, I wouldn't use the term power program just yet. The four teams they have beaten on this young season have been perennial doormats for the last few years. William Blount is the closest to a winning team of the three and their saving grace is Angela P. The two girls from AC that you mentioned have barely scored 20 points together in a game much less by themselves. Without Rodd, who by the way scored 25% of the points at Knox Halls, they don't contend for anything. It's too early to judge anything. When the grind of the season starts and they continue to win we can start to mention winning seasons. When the AC starts traveling consistently to Sectionals and winning Districts we'll talk power program. thumb

Have a nice day!

JGARRISON

The AC program has been in turmoil for years, since the departure of a truly outstanding coach, Coach Carson. The program has lacked leadership and direction. People are very sensitive when it comes to discussing anything to do with Lady Mav basketball. Hopefully, everthing is on the mend and winning basketball games can move back to the forefront.

Edited by JackSparrow

GREAT win tonight for the LADY CATS! I am very proud of you. You all played very hard throughout the whole game. This game came down to who wanted it more and the lady cats did! I'm looking forward to tournament time to see you all play! AC played well but I think most of their points where on free throws??!! to me theres something not right about that but anyways thats neither here nor there! Congrats to the LADY CATS keep on playing hard!