Hickman Co.

gamebreaker

Why such a long time before they would announce? Couldn't they lose a top candidate because that timeframe runs into Spring Practice for most schools.

Just seems to be too long of timeframe.

Best wishes to whomever comes away with that job. I hope all those involve with the program give the coach a good amount of time to turn it around. Unlike Notre Dame, Indiana, Mississippi, etc did to their recent coaches.

825465843[/snapback]

I agree that has been some concern from those involved, but maybe the right guy will come to the forefront before too long

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such a long time before they would announce? Couldn't they lose a top candidate because that timeframe runs into Spring Practice for most schools.

Just seems to be too long of timeframe.

Best wishes to whomever comes away with that job. I hope all those involve with the program give the coach a good amount of time to turn it around. Unlike Notre Dame, Indiana, Mississippi, etc did to their recent coaches.

825465843[/snapback]

This is just speculation on my part but since the former Head Coach was retired, they will not be able to know what teaching slot will be available until 4/1/05. This is the date when they must allow teachers who will not be returning to know they have been released. Then they will have some idea of what teaching slots are going to be open. With NCLB, school systems can't just hire a coach and then stick them somewhere as they could before. Again, it's just a guess... but I would say the school's hands are somewhat tied until a teaching vacancy comes open.

Edited by ELA

This is just speculation on my part but since the former Head Coach was retired, they will not be able to know what teaching slot will be available until 4/1/05. This is the date when they must allow teachers who will not be returning to know they have been released. Then they will have some idea of what teaching slots are going to be open. With NCLB, school systems can't just hire a coach and then stick them somewhere as they could before.  Again, it's just a guess... but I would say the school's hands are somewhat tied until a teaching vacancy comes open.

825465869[/snapback]

Those were my sentiments too ELA. Finding a match for an available teaching slot isn't always as easy as finding the coach! Harpeth may be in the same position since coach Winkler is still teaching. Good luck to both of these schools in finding a new coach.

Those were my sentiments too ELA.  Finding a match for an available teaching slot isn't always as easy as finding the coach!  Harpeth may be in the same position since coach Winkler is still teaching.  Good luck to both of these schools in finding a new coach.

825466006[/snapback]

Hands Down the best available candidate is Coach Danny McKnight of Lewis County Middle School. In 2001, he inherited a program that had had consecutive 2-8 seasons and down to about 25 players. In four seasons, he has a 25-5 overall record (83% winning percentage) while playing one of the toughest middle school schedules in the state and winning back-to-back district titles and civic bowl championships. The roster is up to between 60-70 players. They have a very successful strength training and conditioning program. Coach McKnight is one of the most well-organized, hardest-working, highly intelligent, and most handsome of all the coaches I know. The only thing that might keep him from taking the job is the fact that he will probably Hohenwald's next mayor in about two years.

Coach McKnight would indeed be a fine choice as head coach of the Bulldogs. His success in Lewis County is remarkable and he currently has the highest winning percentage among active Middle School / Jr. High coaches in the Mid-State. Although his love for local politics is strong, I believe his quest of a Clinic Bowl Championship is stronger. I believe he will be the next coach of Hickman County High School and turn their team into State Champions. Good luck and good-bye Coach McKnight, you will be greatly missed in Lewis County.

Ryan is a GREAT coach! I Hope He doesn't leave Wayne County and I'm sure that if he chooses to;he's smart enough NOT to go to Hickman County !!

825467055[/snapback]

Hawse40,

Thanks for the support. I think one of mine and your old buddies (TAP3) is trying to become a comedian. I hope things are going well and look forward to seeing you back on the sidelines.

Ryan

Edited by wms-cats

Hands Down the best available candidate is Coach Danny McKnight of Lewis County Middle School.  In 2001, he inherited a program that had had consecutive 2-8 seasons and down to about 25 players.  In four seasons, he has a 25-5 overall record (83% winning percentage) while playing one of the toughest middle school schedules in the state and winning back-to-back district titles and civic bowl championships. The roster is up to between 60-70 players.  They have a very successful strength training and conditioning program.  Coach McKnight is one of the most well-organized, hardest-working, highly intelligent, and most handsome of all the coaches I know. The only thing that might keep him from taking the job is the fact that he will probably Hohenwald's next mayor in about two years.

825466141[/snapback]

Talked to Coach Spears the other day and he said they have got some pretty impressive candidates who have applied for the job. He looks forward to the school system making a hire.Going to be tough but I wish them the best of luck.

Talked to Coach Spears the other day and he said they have got some pretty impressive candidates who have applied for the job. He looks forward to the school system making a hire.Going to be tough but I wish them the best of luck.

825470143[/snapback]

Do we know who any of these impressive candidates are?

NOTE TO EVERYONE QUIT SPECULATING ON THE HICKMAN COUNTY JOB!!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ON HERE THAT HAVE TALKED TO PEOPLE OR HAVE HEARD ANY THING HAVE BEEN WRONG ON HEAR SO FAR.... SO STOP, JUST TRUST THAT THE CORRECT DECISION WILL BE MADE.... I DO KNOW THIS CHANCES ARE IT WILL NOT BE A MIDDLE SCHOOL COACH.......THERE IS A GREAT COMMITEE TO HIRE THE HEAD COACH. ANOTHER THING GO DAWGS AND THANK GOD WE ARE NOT IN LEWISBURG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>