Congrats to DCA

reaction

When I walked off the field last November at Donelson, I knew this team wouldn't win state against Boyd. Indeed, Boyd won rather handily, as DCA simply ran out of bullets.

2004 was one different animal and Wooden is one heck of a bullet. Congrats to DCA for winning the A State Championship. If anyone deserves it, it's you. Adversity separates champions from spectators.

Edited by TheSpartan117

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game between two really good teams.....Takes a lot of character to come back the way DCA did after ending the first half the way they did...Thought Boyd might of celebrated too early heading into the locker room...You got to let a sleeping dog(or in this case,Wildcat)lie.....Just head to the dressing room and not taunt the opposing team or crowd.....But anyway, again great game....

Ill go ahead and start this thread for all u DCA fans since yall will be too busy celebrating to remember  :ph34r:  Congrats on a great season...was a great game to watch.  yall got behind but like any state champiion would do u didnt lose hope.  even after the 2 loses of 2 key players u still kept ur heads in it.  Wooden is a stud and how he didnt get nominated i have no idea. that is my first time seeing him play at full health.  also gotta say good season for my old school Boyd Buc.  Yall have already made school history and to all the seniors..38-6, 3 trips to the boro, 1 championship,  isnt a bad career  thumb Boyd was the better team in the first half but DCA sure whipped up on us in the 2nd..once again congrats and hope to play yall again soon  thumb see ya in 2A.

825466553[/snapback]

I thought it was a great game. Besides, one seldom gets the chance to see Nashville, Donelson, Galatin, Hendersonville etc. play Chattanooga, Jasper, Whitwell, Cleveland, Hixson, Ringold, Dalton etc. play each other in one game.

Edited by krp

If you had told me on Thursday...

...that BBS would have a 24-7 lead at halftime, I would have said it will be tough for DCA.

...that Wooden would have 35 carries in the game, I would have said it will be tough for BBS.

...that BBS would block two kicks and return one for a TD while maintaining an overall edge in special teams, I would have said it will be tough for DCA.

...that DCA would throw when they wanted to and complete 11-16 for 2 TD's and no interceptions, I would have said it will be tough for BBS.

Well, it was tough for DCA and it was tough for BBS. Give DCA the edge and the gold ball. Congratulations Wildcats from a Buccaneer fan. Great year and great three-year run for BBS.

DCA = Determination, Character, Ability

BBS = Beloved, Battlers, Spirited

Two great teams, one great game.

Congratulations to DCA on their State Championship and also to Boyd Buchanan on their great season as well. This was one of the best games i have ever seen. Both running backs are great players and yes, Chris Wooden should have definatley been up for Mr. Football. Any coach could use this game to motivate thier team on no matter how far your down, if you keep fighting and believe in each other, anything can happen. Drew Akins is a very gutsy and great player. I think he will make a great head coach in the future if thats what he chooses to do. One thing people has not brought up in the difference in the game is the play of Mark Thompson. This kid is a BEAST! He absolutly dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage all night.

Wow. What a game. BBS owned the first half, DCA owned the owned the one that counted. Hats off to the the entire DCA family. Your coaches ran right at our weakest points and made 'em pay.

I thought it was amazing that injuries to your key players were the story last year, injuries to two of our key players were the story this year. Sorry that y'all had some injuries also, hope those guys are alright. Your size and depth allowed DCA to not miss a beat, and actually improve as the game progressed. Very impressive.

When a game of this magnitude is decided by a couple of missed tackles or a couple of penalties you know you've witnessed a battle. Even if DCA had lost you have my respect for that fabulous comeback!

See you in 2A!