MARYVILLE EARNS NEW ROAD SIGNS

MaryvilleRebels

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Dec 5 2004 - 09:46 PM']Ron, I am very dissappointed that you forgot my main man Jesse Miles!  The senior tailback was destined to be AWESOME.  This was his first year playing and he suffered a lower back injury that kept him out the majority of the year.  Nonetheless he's the fastest guy in the school and look for him to burn up the track this year!

825469469[/snapback]

Didn't mean to leave out Jesse Miles. He played very well before he got hurt.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all right Ron, I just think the injured ones have to endure a lot more than the ones playing. I think that only because I know how hard it is to watch and want to be apart of the game and you can't be. When the freshmen are getting to play and you have to sit on the sideline. When the guy that took your spot is having a bad game and you know you could be doing better. When you no longer feel apart of the team. To stick it out has to be the hardest thing ever in sport. I give the injured ones some mad props.

Boys what an old fashioned head knocker. Number 58 played a great game up front. They had a good plan in taking away Maryville's passing game by playing press coverage with their corners and their safties staying 15-20 yds. off. Basically a 4-2-5. They were good enough up at LB and upfront to play the run fairly well with only six in the box. The Melrose D lived up to their billing.

Maryville played a smart game. They didn't give Melrose anything easy. They moved the ball good enough on offense to keep good field position. I thought Jenkins catch over the Melrose CB was a huge play. It kept Maryville from punting deep in their own territory and kept the clock running. I was impressed the way we took care of the ball.

The Black Swarm played the game of their lives. Valentine, Parnell, Tucker, Childs...Heck the entire D played great. They made em go the long hard way and played great fundamental football. Childs' tackle of Cooper was huge. Valentine, Childs, and Voto combining to stop Cooper on the 4th and 2 was big time. It's those plays of all out hustle, that determines the shade of ball you bring back home.

This game was a total TEAM win.

Congratulations to Melrose on a great season.

Congratulations to our Red Rebels on the 8th Gold Ball........They GOTTER DUNN .....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to offer my congratulations to the Rebels on another championship season! A lot of Mo-West fans were really pulling for you to bring the gold ball back to east TN.

If the rumors are true, I guess West and Maryville won't meet in the regular season in '05. I'm disappointed in that; I have really enjoyed watching the Trojans and Rebels play against each other. Hopefully, we will meet again in the semis next year.

Again, congratulations and good luck in 2005.

Lets make it 6 titles in 8 years before we call it a dynasty

825468113[/snapback]

Y'alls lack of understanding of the dynasty has brought me outta hiding...it takes 10 titles to have a dynasty...doesn't matter how many years between them or if their back to back...just 10 titles. We're short 2 for now.....for now. thumb