Jefferson County at Greeneville

raiderray

Okay, I think it is time to start talking about this game in earnest!

I beleive the "stars" are going to cancel each other out, and the game is going to be decided by the play of the other players on the floor. From watching Friday's night game at Morristown West, I think Greeneville might have more depth than Jeff County, but I think Jeff County's first 5 are slightly better.

Whomever can control themselves and stay away from foul trouble will be able to take this game.

The Morristown West game also pointed out that these two teams are the premier teams in the IMAC, at least until West gets Kadlitz back. Mo West gave a lot of effort Friday night, but just did not have the players to match up with Greeneville.

32 hours and counting!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville is a well rounded team (as far as height, speed, teamwork) but I don't think that they have anything that Jefferson County doesn't. Jeff County definitely has the height in both Huff and Rickard, and if I remember correctly, they both did a good job at shutting Manuel down in the teams' first matchup of last season. Jeff County also has the speed to keep up with Greeneville that Morristown West didn't. JC plays great defense, and I definitely think that if they run it as well Tuesday night as they have so far in the season, they can stop Greeneville. And as far as teamwork goes, Jeff County's starting five have been playing together for 3 years (if not more) and each player complements the rest of the team very well.

I think this will definitely be a game worth watching, but I think Jeff County will leave with the win.

This may be the best game in the entire state, and this rivalry may be the best in the state this season. Nakiasha Manuel has not played her best in any game this season and Meagan Lyons has expanded her game to twice the capacity of last season. I have NOT seen Jeff County this season, but it is an extremely audacious thing to say that they can stop Greeneville. I am not for sure that their first five is better than Greeneville's either. As far as team work goes, Greeneville's three sophomore starters have played together since they were 10, and they have played with those two seniors for two seasons. It's not about who has the better team, because they are as close as two teams can get. Its about which coach makes the right decisions and which team makes the fewest mistakes.

Greeneville- 58

Jeff County- 50

I'm going to add my two cents to this one since Boone has played both teams and been beaten by both teams. Granted Lyons is great, but I think Jeff County has a real chance here. Huff is the best post player I've seen and the guards get her the ball any time they want to. Both teams are great and this should be a good game. Unless Manuel brings her A game, I pick Jeff County by 6.

Greeneville and JC... Hard to say this early. Lyons has done the work of 2 . Deans has stepped up big inside and Anderson has been deadly from 3-point range. SCP65, Manuel did not even play against Boone and Greeneville still had a 14 point victory.( Lyons had a school record setting 44 points in that one)Kyle and Huff are a deadly duo for Jeff County and if Sinard is healthy, they will bring it to Greeneville for 4 quarters. I believe Greeneville might have a bit more depth and could possibly wear JC down.However, I would have to give a slight advantage to Greeneville because of Lynn Burkey.He coached Huff and Kyle in aau this summer and knows their game.Manuel and Lyons played all summer with them as well so this one could get interesting. Better get there early for a good seat cause Hal Henards gonna rock!!!

I have not seen Jeff County this season yet, but I watched them last year against Greeneville and in the tournaments. They have a very good team, but Greeneville has a very good team too. This game should be fantastic and my personal opinion says that if Manual brings her A game (And a good attitude) to the game, Greeneville will have the upper hand but if she plays in one of her bad attitudes it could be a long night, Greeneville really needs her to play (not just be there) on Tuesday night. This should be a great one!

I have not seen Jeff County this season yet, but I watched them last year against Greeneville and in the tournaments. They have a very good team, but Greeneville has a very good team too. This game should be fantastic and my personal opinion says that if Manual brings her A game (And a good attitude) to the game, Greeneville will have the upper hand but if she plays in one of her bad attitudes it could be a long night, Greeneville really needs her to play (not just be there) on Tuesday night. This should be a great one!

825470594[/snapback]

I agree, when Manuel decides to play, it's a beautiful thing, and it's not that she's not capable of doing it every day. If Manuel could improve her attitude and start focusing on playing well and winning, she could be impossible to stop. But she's got a long way to go with her attitude.......

I think we should change a song's lyrics to....

I wanna be like Megan! hehe

I agree, when Manuel decides to play, it's a beautiful thing, and it's not that she's not capable of doing it every day. If Manuel could improve her attitude and start focusing on playing well and winning, she could be impossible to stop. But she's got a long way to go with her attitude.......

I think we should change a song's lyrics to....

I wanna be like Megan! hehe

825470602[/snapback]

Manuel sat out a good part of the MoWest game on Friday. I am not too sure why, she seemed to be having a pretty decent game although she did seem frustrated.

Not that it mattered much with the depth on this team. With Freeman's defense , Dean's presence underneath, and Anderson's outside shot they more than made up for Keisha's absence.

And I could think of no better aspiration for a young lady than to be like Megan...She is an incredible person both on and off the court.

Manuel sat out a good part of the MoWest game on Friday. I am not too sure why, she seemed to be having a pretty decent game although she did seem frustrated.

Not that it mattered much with the depth on this team. With Freeman's defense , Dean's presence underneath, and Anderson's outside shot they more than made up for Keisha's absence.

And I could think of no better aspiration for a young lady than to be like Megan...She is an incredible person both on and off the court.

825470632[/snapback]

It seems that Kiesha can't stay on the court-due to attitude problems...she really needs to straighten up before she goes to Georgia State and has a rude awakening!

I've known the girl for the majority of my life, and she has more potential than most girls I know. If she could channel that attitude to fuel her on the basketball court rather than her mouth, well she could skip college and start playing with Lisa Leslie!

Agree?

Jefferson Co will not be able sub whole units at a time and expect to win. Jeff Co has some depth but they are mostly young and inexperienced at the varsity level. Hopefully coach Potts knows exactly when he will start subbing and who he will leave in and take out. Starting 5 vs starting 5 is about even with Jeff Co getting a small edge. I expect Jeff Co to be able to get up on Greenville with their starters but Greenville will be able to make up for that with their depth. We all know the stars of both teams will have a big impact, but they key to game for Jeff Co is how Lindsey Lyke and Katie Rickard play. If Katie is aggressive on offense and is able to get at least 10pts it will keep Greenville from doubling Huff and add just another weapon to the Jeff Co offense. Lyke will have to hit her shots from the outside, if she gets hot from 3 Greenville will be in big trouble. This early in the year I’ll pick Greenville to win, by the time Greenville and Jeff Co meet on Jan 21 and tourney time, the lady patriots will have developed a bench good enough to keep up with Greenville when the starters go out.

Greenville by 8 (for now)