Alcoa vs Maryville

Tornado74

Not sure civil war would work 2 well. I mean, we know somethin about history, having the rebels being one of the teams, and there are always a bunch of confederate flags. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, not matter what the students, faculity, and alumni want. I dont think that name will work because of political correctness. Maybe somethin like Brawl for it All or somethin. Thats kinda a lame name, its all I could think of as of right now. My uncles have told me how back in the old days maryville and alcoa guys would actually have big fights every year for a while. now its just a big prank war.

825469983[/snapback]

To be honest I am a little sick of hering about politics and football, especially the confederate flag mixed with the Maryville Rebels. Clearly it is obvious the school does not endorse the flags, and the students who use them are using them for no other reason than for traditional school spirit. People need to get used to seeing them at the games, because the students are not going to let this tradition fade out. If the game was named "Civil War," and a lawsuit came about, it should be thrown out of court. Its ridiculous to think how worked up people get over a little school tradition.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I am a little sick of hering about politics and football, especially the confederate flag mixed with the Maryville Rebels.  Clearly it is obvious the school does not endorse the flags, and the students who use them are using them for no other reason than for traditional school spirit.  People need to get used to seeing them at the games, because the students are not going to let this tradition fade out.  If the game was named "Civil War," and a lawsuit came about, it should be thrown out of court.  Its ridiculous to think how worked up people get over a little school tradition.

825470884[/snapback]

I completely agree with you. I was one of those students, the 4 best years of my life. You know how the Co. Schools attempted to ban us from bringing the flags, then they let there own students bring in shredded ones. complete bs if u ask me. In this day and age though, tradition or not, people are trying to get ride of this symbol of southern pride. i personally see nothing wrong with it, but some people just have to ruin all the students fun. and as a joke, how bout we call it the battle for the blount co. championship, william blount and heritage wouldnt be able to win it even if it was keep around.

Edited by theinfamous04

Not sure civil war would work 2 well. I mean, we know somethin about history, having the rebels being one of the teams, and there are always a bunch of confederate flags. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, not matter what the students, faculity, and alumni want. I dont think that name will work because of political correctness. Maybe somethin like Brawl for it All or somethin. Thats kinda a lame name, its all I could think of as of right now. My uncles have told me how back in the old days maryville and alcoa guys would actually have big fights every year for a while. now its just a big prank war.

825469983[/snapback]

Hummm i can see where you mean the civil war could be racial offensive. i was lookin more at like how in the war it was family vs family and sometimes like in my case my step-brother and I played on opposite teams. So maybe that wouldnt fly but i remember an old wrestling show when I was younger called "Clash of the Champions" and seeing as how these teams have 14 state titles most of the blount county titles and probably most of their region titles that name could fit

How about:

"The Blount County Open Enrollment Bowl"

825471095[/snapback]

That was pretty good stuff tnhsball1.

Almost as accurate as you calling Maryville "creampuff."

Or no wait, maybe it was as correct as your prediction that the 4A state champion would be either Melrose or White House.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS