Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok now im sorry 4 all you people having to put up with simonznders bull crap HE HAS NO IDEA ABOUT BASKETBALL. once again i apologize for every body at soddy for all of yall on coacht. we dont clame him anyways

825477125[/snapback]

Thanks for your post. Your name totally confused me though. It was a full 5 minutes before I realized that you are Simonzander71 not the annoying kid simonzander72. I can't wait till the game friday. I hope we win but, it's Soddy people like you that remind the other Simonzander doesn't rep. all of Soddy. Good luck to your team.

Again, I cannot speak from having seen Soddy play, but when I looked up their roster, they were not little guys... a pretty impressive list 6'3"; 6'4"; 6'5"; 6'5"; 6'6"; and 6'8".  Doesn't look too tiny to me. 

Man, how much one year can make a difference.  Where did all these guys come from?  Are these big guys playing?  If so, they should dominate people inside. 

I'm not sure what to think about this game.  As I said earlier, even Ooltewah is a little bigger than last year.  Last year it was a boatload full of guards and Courtney White.  Now they have several guys bigger than 6'3". 

I do agree that from what I remember of Soddy, they will have a hard time guarding Brown.  The key will be don't let him drive and force him to shoot from outside.  If Soddy keeps White off the boards, he can be neutralized.  Like I saw last year, White has a tendency to disappear in games.  He needs to come out with fire and never let up.  I don't think he realizes how good he could be.

At any rate, until I see Soddy, I am not willing to say this is Ooltewah's in a blow out.  Ooltewah simply has a lot of weaknesses -- turnovers; outside shooting is down; tendency to be lazy at times; they lose their focus and play sloppy.  They won't get away with that against better teams.  From what I heard, those are the things that cost them against McMinn County.  You can't have those kinds of moments in games and expect to keep winning.

I'll still give Ooltewah the edge at home.

825476864[/snapback]

'

You are right...These guys are pretty tall, but they are not big. They are really not built. The 6'8" guy is almost a bean pole. I bet he doesn't come close to weighing over 150. Yet, they are still talented inside. And most of the other big guys they have are not there star players or even pay that much of a role. They do have good gaurd size though, something Ooltewah lacks.

Edited by InDepthInsider