Top Wrestler ever from your region

jamesbond

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.....lemme get a good shot at all these

Region 1-Crosby, maybe Bosken (best state tourney I've ever seen in 03)

Region 2-Shannon Sayne, Nick Breeden

Region 3--Really, too hard----Keller, Blackmon, Gibson, Josh West, Carlos Thompson, Shazzon Bradley (isn't this also where Baylor would be?)

Region 4-Yost, Ward, McKnight (McCallie?)

Region 5-Steve Craig, Bubba Miller, Sean Kim, Sweeton

Region 6- Charles McTorry, Casey Brewster, (Ryan, MBA?)

Region 7-McCarty, Nikazy

Region 8- Markese Nelson, Michael Spencer, the Marables

825475051[/snapback]

nice name heart break kid!!!

The people mentioned are/were excellent wrestlers. There are several I could mention, but the ones that come to my immediate attention are as follows:

Region 1- Waylon Lowe (Jefferson Co.): 3X NCAA Division 2 National Champ (4X All American)

Region 2- Tyler Cornaby (Farragut)-112 &119 around mid 90s 2X State Champ/Shannon Sayne (Halls)/Craig Johnson (Seymour)

Region 3- Matt Keller (Bradley)/Cordell (Bradley)-always found a way to win

Region 4- Kevin Ward (Soddy)/Darren McKnight (Red Bank)/Jake Yost (Soddy)/Kyle James (Soddy)

Region 5- Dodson (Franklin)-160 back around the mid 90s(was a personal favorite of mine to watch)

Region 6- McTorry (Overton)

Region 7- McCarty (Clarksville)

Region 8- Nelson (Kirby)

Like I said there are several others who deserve to be mentioned but this is what I could come up with for now. There are also several current wrestlers that have the potential to become some of the best all-time wrestlers from their respective regions. Another favorite of mine I used to enjoy watching wrestle, and one worth mentioning real quick is Rabbit Turner (Soddy).

Edited by KJF31

dreadnaught_farragut.jpg

dreadnaught_farragut

Rigger ---Eric Watkins ? Come on. He won his only title because a kid turned him lose to soon in OT. Region 2 wrestling was not invented at Farragut High School 4 years ago.

In Region 2 it's Chris Vandergriff. Heavyweight champ in 1976 and 1977.

In Region 1 it's Waylon Lowe. 135 Champion 1998.

825475050[/snapback]

Remind every one where the kid was from! There wouldn't be a little home town bias there , would there? I forgot wrestling was invented in Bradley Co and Choo-Choo town.

I saw Eric distroy folks and he is one kid I would not wanted to face in High School/

Yes, Vandergriff was one of the smartest heavyweights to ever win state. I didn't see him destroy folks the way Watkins did.

Chris V did upset some big kids back then. He was two time defending champ and probably one of the best from regions 2. I was a Nashville grappler so I'm still new to region 2. That’s why I stated over the last 5 years.

Edited by rigger101

First thing, no matter what you say about how Eric Watkins won he will always be a STATE CHAMP.  Second, Rigger was just stating his opinion.  He was not saying that wrestling was invented at Farragut in Region 2.  He is more familiar with those guys than any other kids in the Region.

DAL- great list.  In my opinion, those are some of the best wrestlers to come out of Region 2.  There have been some great ones come out of the Region that never won state.

Overall, everybody has listed some great wrestlers to come out of their respective regions.  Let's not bash anyone on this list because it is not right to bash one kids accomplishment when more than half of the people on this board don't no what it is like to be a state champion.

825475410[/snapback]

Good Point's

We're just trying to have a great program.

First thing, no matter what you say about how Eric Watkins won he will always be a STATE CHAMP.  Second, Rigger was just stating his opinion.  He was not saying that wrestling was invented at Farragut in Region 2.  He is more familiar with those guys than any other kids in the Region.

DAL- great list.  In my opinion, those are some of the best wrestlers to come out of Region 2.  There have been some great ones come out of the Region that never won state.

Overall, everybody has listed some great wrestlers to come out of their respective regions.  Let's not bash anyone on this list because it is not right to bash one kids accomplishment when more than half of the people on this board don't no what it is like to be a state champion.

825475410[/snapback]

I believe I know who you are seems you coached a couple of state champs and helped start another young kid on the right track.If I'm correct you specialized in the BIG NOGGIN Move!!

I'm probably biased, but Waylon Lowe is the best to come out of Region One since I've been around.

Also, Allen Patterson of Morristown East can't be forgotten, a two-timer before the split and a great kid.

Of course there's Daniel Crosby, another two timer.

And I liked that Bosken kid from Science Hill...the greatest state tournament I've watched one of my kids have.

It's also important to mention Chad Cross of Tennessee High and Jon Edmonds of Science Hill, the only four time regional champions in Region I history.

And I predict that Bo Usary will join this group.