Football Board

bulldog69

I thought I'd try the basketball board again this year but what a waste.

There are so many on Coacht who know football and can discuss the "ins" and "outs" of a more complicated sport than basketball.

There is more to football than just "shootin' the rock" in basketball.

It is a shame this board is going into hibernation until August.

I sure did enjoy this year!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many on Coacht who know football and can discuss the "ins" and "outs" of a more complicated sport than basketball.

It is a shame this board is going into hibernation until August.

I sure did enjoy this year!!!!!!!!!!

825475689[/snapback]

When do they turn it off? Just curious!

825475689[/snapback]

There's a lot more to basketball than just "runnin' the ball" or "throwin' the ball".

I think basketball is at least as complicated a sport as football, maybe a little more. For one thing, basketball doesn't stop, there's always something going on aside from when somebody holds the ball, and even then, the defense has a choice to make. Are you wanting game strategy discussed on the basketball boards more or something? If so, go over there and start discussing it.

And this board won't go into hibernation if you get a Plus Membership. After a thousand posts over three years, you can't say you haven't gotten anything out of this site.

Volunteer[/url]General' date='Dec 9 2004 - 01:14 AM']12 Bucks is easy to embezzle. Just go without buying a soda for a couple of weeks.

Better yet! Buy her the Plus membership for Christmas.  :P

825475745[/snapback]

Oh, that would go over real well! I must admit though, to her credit and my good luck, she is, actually, a big football fan. Growing up just outside of Pittsburgh, PA didn't hurt any either! She can hang with the best of them on talking the X's and O's of football. thumb She loves NASCAR and can cook too, so I hit the trifecta of finding a wife!! :huh:

Oh, that would go over real well!  I must admit though, to her credit and my good luck, she is, actually, a big football fan.  Growing up just outside of Pittsburgh, PA didn't hurt any either!  She can hang with the best of them on talking the X's and O's of football.  thumb  She loves NASCAR and can cook too, so I hit the trifecta of finding a wife!! :)

825475762[/snapback]

Sounds like you need to get her connected on CoachT with her own member name so she can talk with QueenBee and the other women on here. A Family membership is only $25

Volunteer[/url]General' date='Dec 8 2004 - 11:14 PM']12 Bucks is easy to embezzle. Just go without buying a soda for a couple of weeks.

Better yet! Buy her the Plus membership for Christmas.  :)

825475745[/snapback]

Don't forget to mention the new almost subtle mandatory CoachT Tatoo that comes with each membership, and if you call within the next 2 days you get a free roll of John Wayne Toilet Paper from Robjim.

Don't forget to mention the new almost subtle mandatory CoachT Tatoo that comes with each membership, and if you call within the next 2 days you get a free roll of John Wayne Toilet Paper from Robjim.

825475886[/snapback]

Certainly and we even have it in the convient family pack! Get a family coacht pass and I'll throw in a case.

I mentioned this board because it is the "BEST" one. Having coached both sports.....football is much tougher.

Every play is timed ....an injury can throw off that player's participation on O or D or special teams. 11 players have to perform their duty or the play doesn't work.

Comparing a coaching staff of 10 compared to 3 in basketball says enough. You are constantly changing players, etc.

The basketball thread has much more "individual" posts and accomplishments on there.

Yes basketball can have more like strategy, etc....but for the most part that board stinks compared to this one.