UNDERRATED COACHES IN H.S. BASKETBALL

carney

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Jackson has done a great job at Cheatham County with minimal talent and size. I can't wait to see what he will be able to do when he actually has the horses to run with. The great thing about him is that he has made those young guys that he is coaching at Cheatham County strong individuals. Those seven guys who will graduate this year are better people haven been under his guidance for three years.

Coach Craig McGill at Huntland is doing a great job- The talent has been there and finally someone found a way to win - His team has already won twice the games they won in the whole season last year. Coaching is the difference.By the way ...

Kudos to his staff also-Coach Childers, Coach Rob, Coach West- Hard work shows pays off!!!

did kevin rawlings play ball at lipscomb?  or am i thinking of someone else?

825478509[/snapback]

Yes. Coach Rawlings played college ball at Lipscomb. Kevin was a heck of a high school point guard. Many locals feel Kevin was partly responsible for Austin Bates being recruited and playing at Vanderbilt. Austin loved to shoot and Kevin would feed him the ball. I believe Kevin also holds the Waverly record for 3-pointers made in a game, so he was an excellent shooter as well.