CoachT Boards

creekercalhoun

Guest region4fan

yes Friday night. They won on a 3 pter at the buzer.( OHS did that is) Btw the kid that hit the shot was JA-TO-REE Haynes from the football team!!!!!!!!

I think that coacht is a great way to speak your mind, learn self-control,and fight with words instead of fists. Obviously I love it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True you can not tell who is on here but at the same time I dont think it is detramental to high school sports though we ust need to be responsible with what we say. I dont like players being on here but you cant really stop them but at the same time as a coach you need to remind them that the games is being played on the court or field not on the internet and the newspapers

825476303[/snapback]

Amen. I think its funny what the players have to say, but at the same time I think it is inappropriate most of the time. Most people, (believe it nor not) highschoolers included, don't know when to shut up. Last year at Grace, Coach Compton banned his soccer players from posting on CoachT. Thought it was a great idea, even though I continued to post basketball and basketball in the soccer and baseball forums. (Have I told ya'll lately that Grace beat Temple, McCallie, NCS, Boyd 2x, Trousdale Co., Greenfield, or CPA? Unaka who? jk) Anway, he'd punish guys guilty of posting during the season. It was good because you had a bunch of "knuckleheads" posting and introducing "story lines" into soccer. The game was enough.

Les Compton = Genius.

Oh yea, this is a great site...but I cant believe no one has said this yet, so im going to be the one to boldly say it. If this site stands for what it says it stands for, youll let this post stand !! It was an opinionated question at the beginning, so heres an answer. I think its terrible for high school sports. why ?? Because CoachT itself does not opperate within its own rules. Example: Any disrumbled (mad) parent, fan, aunt, uncle...ect. can get on here and post their opinion about any player, coach, team, ref, administraitor...ect. And thats ok in the CoachT world !! you have created a new term on this site and it called "BASH". My biggest problem is you should either allow it all (referring to bashing) or none and this includes all this directed towards CoachT itself or any person/ player. So if this site really stands for what all you say it does, we'll see how long this post stays on the board !!

- Theres no out of bounds here -

Oh yea, this is a great site...but I cant believe no one has said this yet, so im going to be the one to boldly say it. If this site stands for what it says it stands for, youll let this post stand !! It was an opinionated question at the beginning, so heres an answer. I think its terrible for high school sports. why ?? Because CoachT itself does not opperate within its own rules. Example: Any disrumbled (mad) parent, fan, aunt, uncle...ect. can get on here and post their opinion about any player, coach, team, ref, administraitor...ect. And thats ok in the CoachT world !! you have created a new term on this site and it called "BASH". My biggest problem is you should either allow it all (referring to bashing) or none and this includes all this directed towards CoachT itself or any person/ player. So if this site really stands for what all you say it does, we'll see how long this post stays on the board !!                     

825478090[/snapback]

A lot of that is caused by fans with multiple user names. We eliminate those when they become obvious. Let me know which one of your three you would like to keep.

Uh this is a message board. Just be glad that we have courteous ops who actually mod the stuff. I could go to gamefaqs.com and post trash about Marshall County all day long and it would be just the same thing. This is the internet, players shouldn't be worried about what people are saying about them on a message board, and if they are they will be focused to shut all these haters up. It's the 21st century, you're allowed to voice your opinion because it is just that - your opinion.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
Uh this is a message board. Just be glad that we have courteous ops who actually mod the stuff. I could go to gamefaqs.com and post trash about Marshall County all day long and it would be just the same thing. This is the internet, players shouldn't be worried about what people are saying about them on a message board, and if they are they will be focused to shut all these haters up. It's the 21st century, you're allowed to voice your opinion because it is just that - your opinion.

825478558[/snapback]

I agree with you wneely...if some kid gets on here and reads something that some random person puts and takes offense to it, they dont need to be playing the game...there is nothing that can be said on here that is any worse than hearing it from a fan in the stands...and if players are talking about teammates on here in a negative manner, they arent much of a player and they arent in it for the team...sure you will have your on the court scuffles in practice and words in the locker room before and after the game...but that is where that stuff is supposted to stay...in the locker room...fans dont need to be made aware of fights and things that go on inside the team, messes up the chemistry...so if a player is telling about fights and not liking someone on coacht, then they seriously dont want team chemistry and ob want to lose...I think coacht is great if people dont use it for the wrong reasons... thumb ...hey coacht, there has been a chips sighting :ph34r:

825478090[/snapback]

We catch what we can, but no single moderator can read every thread or every post. CoachT can't do it all either, he is just one man with a full time job at his school!

Most of the time I don't find out about something unless it is directly reported to me. I catch things on the football board a lot more often than I do on the basketball boards because I read more posts and threads on that board. IF you find something offensive and feel it violates the rules, report it. If not, keep posting and enjoy this format. It's the best in Tennessee and those of us who support it with our time and money (plus membership, etc.) love it. If you want to help make it better then pay the $12 and become a full coachT Plus member!

I love coachT...I have become addicted....

The only thing I don't like is when players get on here and start talking trash to one another....There is no way to police that, but I don't think its good....It doesn't matter if fans get into it that's different...

It also shows that teachers around the state need to work harder in English and Spelling class.... :huh:

To echo some others feelings (but using, as always, my real name :huh:

Coach T provides coverage similar to SportsCenter, Best Sports Show, The Sports Reporters and Gameday.... A chance to share and learn.....

And a great place to gather info and publicize high school activities....

Thank you CoachT - and to your staff - great job!!!!

Coach T...if used properly can be a great tool for people from around the state to learn about what's going on where...

One of the things that it has taught me...by reading about young athletes that have lost their lives...or coaches that have become ill...or like Jacqui McDaniel...that while we all love sports and the kids that play them...we better hope and pray that tragedy doesn't strike because it can all be over within minutes...that every minute of watching our young athletes in Tennessee is a privilige and that we better savor those precious memories...

It has also shown me that there is still good in people...when disaster does strike...I've seen the posters on this site offer prayers...offer words of hope... that otherwise would go unheard...

It gives a chance to praise kids for doing the right thing...for doing good... as opposed to reading the papers and finding out all the bad that's happening with our kids...you can come to Coach T and find out that we are VERY lucky to have so many kids that are doing the right thing...I don't see enough of that on the news or in the papers...

I'm going to suggest that Coach T start a new board..."Life Beyond Sports" so that we can highlight what our athletes do off the field and court...how they are spending their Saturdays volunteering for Habitat For Humanity... how they are organizing food drives and coat drives...adopting those less fortunate for the holidays..

Anytime positive things about kids can be emphasized...it can't be all bad...

Yes...you will encounter rude, ignorant people on these boards...but sheeeeeeeesh...you must not get out much if this is the only place you do... and I think most people realize that it really doesn't matter what people say about you...as long as YOU know the truth...