Pedro said a while ago he was going to the Mets(pending a physical). For one extra year on his contract. The questions being should the Mets pay him if he doesnt allow an MRI on his shoulder and would you go to the Mets who are not very good, for more money, or would you stay with the team you just won a world championship with? You have to look at the like this 35 million or 50 million cant really matter when you already have all the money he should have.

Remember, that is $35 million over three years and $50 million over four years! I think Pedro is crazy and I think he should have stayed in Boston, where they have something special brewing and have a good chance of winning a couple more titles!

Besides, by the time you average it out the money, its not a huge difference between the $$ per year, well not for him anyway! But he was wanting that 4th year and most people thought a 3 year contract was a huge risk! I cant wait to see if he passes the physical!

I saw in interview where he said Boston shouldve tried to push to get me last year and throughout this year. The Mets were the only team going out of their way to have me. Sounds to me like he found out he wasnt the hero anymore. Yeah I think Boston could use him but I personally thinking his arm is almost finished.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mets have a history of shelling out big bucks to players beginning the decline of their career. Pedro is probably another. Beltran is a stud, but he made a fortune in the playoffs. He's good but was out of his head those 2 weeks while everyone was looking. Excellent player who can do it all, but 17 million, I don't know. He'll hit .290 35 HR, drive in a hundred steal 20 bases, very good , but 17 million. Without that playoff run he probably signs for 10-12 million a year.