16.  Northwest Whitfield 25.00

17.  East Ridge 24.00

18.  Red Bank 22.00

19.  Dobyns-Bennett 21.00

20.  Greeneville 17.00

21.  Franklin Road Academy 16.00

22.  Etowah 5.00

825488958[/snapback]

Thanks sly. What's up with Baylor? All vasity in today? Any major upsets or noteworthy matchups so far?

soms

Results are posted at:

http://www.mccallie.org/athletics/wrestlin.../MIWT/main.html

Team title goes to Walton. Outstanding Westler Award goes to Whitt Dunning from (F. Ryan). Best Match Award was won by Ryan Fuller (SD) and Kelly Felix (Frank. HS). Most Pins Award winner is Matt Yarbrough (Laf., GA).

For the second year in a row, the team title was decided in one of the last matches of the day, the 275 pound class consolation match. Congratulations to Walton (191.5) and Franklin (187.5) for their outstanding battle all day as the lead changed hands several times.

Great crowd!!! Outstanding wrestling!!!

Results are posted at:

http://www.mccallie.org/athletics/wrestlin.../MIWT/main.html

Team title goes to Walton.  Outstanding Westler Award goes to Whitt Dunning from (F. Ryan).  Best Match Award was won by Ryan Fuller (SD) and Kelly Felix (Frank. HS).  Most Pins Award winner is Matt Yarbrough (Laf., GA).

For the second year in a row, the team title was decided in one of the last matches of the day, the 275 pound class consolation match.  Congratulations to Walton (191.5) and Franklin (187.5) for their outstanding battle all day as the lead changed hands several times. 

Great crowd!!!  Outstanding wrestling!!!

825489615[/snapback]

Is there a Tennessee Team almost as good as a top Ga team? RMC, how did Collins Hill do against Walton? How would any other team in Tennessee stack up against Franklin in a top notch tournament? What is your observation, my friend? Just wondering. I guess we really won't know until Feb 19th, but it's fun to predict, even if it may offend a few folks. :huh:

soms - the know nothing soms?

Edited by Sommers

This was a very good tournament...competion wise. Their were some beast cut loose on the mat.. Franklin represented very well..my hat is off to them . My Beloved Irish did very well also..we left our 112 & 215 at home that hurt a little. Dunning and Oddo were animals.both winning out. .Mayo wrestled well with four pins , loss to a tech fall the beast from Harrison and a 1 point loss to the Soddy kid..pinning the Clarksville kid to take 5th. . Aaron Bateman wrestled well losing a match to Ben Turks on what I saw as a controversial call in overtime. He was called for a head butt...weak. Personally I think that the 160 , 171 and 215 were stacked with some very good wrestlers... great matches..tough kids. . The Georgia teams were very very strong..some of the most physical kids I have ever seen.. Props to THE WHITT for OW...hopefully that answers any questions about his intentions this year. Props to the McCallie folks for running a good show..very smooth..

I wish you all a Merry Christmas...... see ya at the Ryan Inv..God Bless My Irish ..God Bless the Dirt Rat, Phillip and Patrick for coming home for Chrsitmas...

Is there a Tennessee Team almost as good as a top Ga team?  RMC, how did Collins Hill do against Walton?  How would any other team in Tennessee stack up against Franklin in a top notch tournament? What is your observation, my friend? Just wondering.  I guess we really won't know until Feb 19th, but it's fun to predict, even if it may offend a few folks. :huh:

soms - the know nothing soms?

825489674[/snapback]

In my opinion yes the boys from Franklin..the looked great...The State is their to loose...