Great Towns/Schools.....NO TEAMS!?!?!?

CoachBruce

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thread gave me this idea...

How many good towns and good athletic schools have NO opportunities for wrestling?

off the top of my head....

Jackson (USJ, JCM)

Dyersburg (sore subject)

Columbia

Gallatin

Oak Ridge

Union City

that should get the ball rolling.....

825490918[/snapback]

A representative from Oak Ridge was in the stands at the Bradley Tournament. We talked for a while. They are planning to start their program next year. I believe he said that they would be welcome at the Bradley Inv next year if they have a team. he was from Illinois and sounded like he knew his stuff. Hopefully they will get a program and wrestling will continue to grow in TN.

Anderson Co. had one but not now.

Rutledge

Upper East Tn past Greeneville lots of schools no wrestling.

825491073[/snapback]

how could i forget the Strawberry plains---Carter H.S., which was a very good program several years ago. Leave it to that school prin. and ath. director to keep them from again rising to a great level.

Austin East

Polk Co.

Heck so many small schools could excel in wrestling if they deciced to do it like Copper Basin.

how could i forget the Strawberry plains---Carter H.S., which was a very good program several years ago.  Leave it to that school prin. and ath. director to keep them from again rising to a great level.

Austin East

Polk Co.

Heck so many small schools could excel in wrestling if they deciced to do it like Copper Basin.

825491075[/snapback]

It is sad. Carter had some great tourneys in the late 70''s and early 80's. They have a few kids from their AAU program that could compete on anyone's team. I talked to their coach and he said that a few schools said they were willing to help (i.e. Mat's) but the prin. said no way.

Very Sad! The Principle must be a former basketball player who lost his girl to a wrestler! LOL! :lol:

So if the principle and AD are against it and kids want to do it, the Kids lose?

Ok, Here I go again ! We the wrestling Fans of Tennessee, Have to get it together, or we will have more great towns/schools.....NO TEAMS!?!?!?!?. I'm Just a proud wrestling parent trying to rally the troops. but I'm Limited, we need someone in the know, who can give us direction. WE WILL FOLLOW!!!! thumb

• 2 weeks later...
another thread gave me this idea...

How many good towns and good athletic schools have NO opportunities for wrestling?

off the top of my head....

Jackson (USJ, JCM)

Dyersburg (sore subject)

Columbia

Gallatin

Oak Ridge

Union City

that should get the ball rolling.....

825490918[/snapback]

Central (Columbia) use to have a team, I think.