Collins Hill Duals

RMC

Thanks for the hospitality RMC. Great team, school and fans. I enjoyed talking to some of your boosters who don't even have kids on the team anymore and learning from them some of the reasons your team has been a power house. #1 you look at each other as family!

With the loss of a great State Champ, I saw some positive things out of our team. Our 119 freshmen and 130 were competitive in every match.

I saw some good stuff from Shane Reviez, 189lb (1st yr), and I think Nick Moore 152lb (1st yr, 1st match) will be a great addition as soon as he learns some moves. :lol:

As we all saw Chad Blankenship 160lb is dangerous up to the last second. Getting dominated by the Father Ryan 14-2, Blankenship pins him with seconds on the clock.

I know this will wake up Irishdad but I felt our team made a good showing against the Irish and if Dix hadn't been injured the score could have been in our favor with one our two matches going our way.

Farragut wrestler's records at duals

103 0-5  1st yr freshmen with heart

112 0-5  1st yr Wrestler, Joe's learning, will win some before it's over.

119 3-2  Freshmen, Showed great heart, Great win against the Irish.

125 0-5  Freshmen, Needs work!

130 2-3  He was in every match.

140 0-1  Ouch that hurt!  I thought I was going to be sick!

145 2-3  Could have had a better record.

152 0-5  Strong and quick!  1st yr and ist match.  Only been out for a couple of days.

160 2-3  See post above

171 5-0  Looked great only tested once by the Irish!

189 3-2  Shane looked great!  He's showing more skill then Nick did at this time last year.  I hope he finishes as well as his brother did.

215 4-1  What can you say he's a beast. 

Hwt 2-3  Great job for a kid giving up that much weight.

825500956[/snapback]

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the hospitality RMC.  Great team, school and fans.  I enjoyed talking to some of your boosters who don't even have kids on the team anymore and learning from them some of the reasons your team has been a power house.  #1 you look at each other as family!

With the loss of a great State Champ, I saw some positive things out of our team.  Our 119 freshmen and 130 were competitive in every match.

I saw some good stuff from Shane Reviez, 189lb (1st yr), and I think Nick Moore 152lb (1st yr, 1st match) will be a great addition as soon as he learns some moves. :lol:

As we all saw Chad Blankenship 160lb is dangerous up to the last second.  Getting dominated by Mayo from Father Ryan 14-2, he pins him with seconds on the clock.

I know this will wake up Irishdad but I felt our team made a good showing against the Irish and if Dix hadn't been injured the score could have been in our favor with one our two matches going our way.

825501555[/snapback]

yeah, I am sure irishdad is loving your Mayo reference. Talk about rubbing it in.

825501575[/snapback]

Tex23, I respect the Irish program and Irishdad too much to pi## them off. I'm not rubbing anything in.

The Irish 160 had our kid on his back 3 times. I was trying to give the Father Ryan wrestler credit for dominating the match. The ref could have called our guy pinned any of the 3 times.

I will make the politically corret correction. I would appreciate you doing the same.

Edited by rigger101

"I know this will wake up Irishdad but I felt our team made a good showing against the Irish and if Dix hadn't been injured the score could have been in our favor with one our two matches going our way."

What was score btwn Farragut and Father Ryan

825501580[/snapback]

My sick brain was thinking like this. Our 145 was ahead in his match when he was pinned and I thought our 130 could have won his match. If we win both of those matches and Dix is there we have a chance for a closer score or we win. Most of our freshmen and 1st year wrestlers are still learning how not to give up the pinn.

I think the score was Farragut 24 - Irish 34.

Didn't have my specs on.

Edited by rigger101

Ditto on the hospitality and the folks at Collinswood...it was a great turny..Congrats to my Beloved Irish for taking third. ..as for rebuilding and graduates remember we lost nine starters from last year that we are in major rebuilding ...but we still bring it ....140 was a punk thug that was the only bad thing.

Rigger please your 160 was pinned and pinned very nicely times 3. But maybe he can prove how good he is when he comes to our house. I do not think he can escape twice. As for Texs comment our 160 had a 4-1 record with three pins and a 9-4 victory over the Collins Hill kid. I was darn proud of him.

Tex you really need to get a life and not worry our even comment to me or about me. You have proved time after time to be an ignorant hater..I will waste no more time responding to you.

Props to Brother Martin who had more fans than the host had. Props to Kyle Maynard extraordinary. Props to the Raceway for having $1.50 a gallon gas. Props to Christie the barmaid at Applebees for not letting me run dry at the first unoffial meeting of the Coacht Irishdad Appreciation Club (JK). Props to the Ga Hwy Patrol for not running radar. Props to the Rigger and RMC for showing some love..Except for that 160lbr thing. Props to Riggers kid for taking his licks..

See ya at the Home of the Irish..Happy New Year...

Rigger please your 160 was pinned and pinned very nicely times 3.

But maybe he can prove how good he is when he comes to our house. I do not think he can escape twice.  That's why I said the Irish 160 dominated!Props to Brother Martin who had more fans than the host had. Props to Kyle Maynard extraordinary. Props to the Raceway for having $1.50 a gallon gas. Amen! Props to Christie the barmaid at Applebees for not letting me run dry at the first unoffial meeting of the Coacht Irishdad Appreciation Club (JK). Props to the Ga Hwy Patrol for not running radar. Props to the Rigger and RMC for showing some love..Except for that 160lbr thing. Props to Riggers kid for taking his licks.. He's still ticking but ego needs a pump to blow it back up! :P See ya at the Home of the Irish..Happy New Year...

825501746[/snapback]

One thing not mentioned is the great speech by Kyle Maynard and the Tournament being named after him. The teams that attended were at the Kyle Maynard annual. I think they said they plan to invite the top 10 teams in the country.

Great young man! I enjoyed listening to him speak at the Senior Nations Coaches Dinner in Cleveland, OH and meeting him there and in GA.

rigger101...you're right, I've been given my marching orders and I'm trying to line up teams now. We looking at teams from Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky and Maine!

So next year the "Kyle Maynard Georgia Duals at Collins Hill" should be a blast.

rigger101...you're right, I've been given my marching orders and I'm trying to line up teams now.  We looking at teams from Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky and Maine!

So next year the "Kyle Maynard Georgia Duals at Collins Hill" should be a blast.

825501779[/snapback]

Kyle takes kidding very well! I saw a couple of the kids and parents busting his chops about all the press he has received. I'm glad to see he is still giving it his all at the college level.

One thing not mentioned is the great speech by Kyle Maynard and the Tournament being named after him.  The teams that attended were at the Kyle Maynard annual.  I think they said they plan to invite the top 10 teams in the country. 

Great young man!  I enjoyed listening to him speak at the Senior Nations Coaches Dinner in Cleveland, OH and meeting him there and in GA.

825501774[/snapback]

CHECK AGAIN IGAVE PROPS TO KM. The school was gigantic with 26 portables outback the have over 4000 students to choose from. My Beloved Irish have 975 but we can still hang....