Single A

raynoc

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gran, you know what's also possible? That you went out and got you a new post name as well.

Here are some facts for you since you are so interested in them.

shooter20 apologized, you pointed out "how to do the Christian thing," so here is one for you..........forgive and forget.

Or just get over yourself. :lol:

Horsefly, I don't know if Edney is the best player on that team. I got one question where would that team be without weatherly and Leegan but it takes a team and good coaching to WIN state and I think Perry County has that. I got to give Perry County coaches credit with the line-up they went with in the 4th quarter againest summertown that what they had to do to win.

825541243[/snapback]

I have to agree that Edney is the best player on Perry County's team, just because she puts her whole heart into playing ball. Of course I also believe basketball is a TEAM SPORT, and I believe the other players deserve some credit. I also think Leegan & Dabbs will be two rising stars of the Lady Viks. They have filled some pretty big shoes coming in as Freshmen!! All the way to state!!

Once and for all,If everyone will look back at shooter20's previous post last year when they were talking about Gleason vs Trenton in the finals of the region (he or she) said " I wish I could be there". Well all the Hudsons were there and thats a Fact.Shooter 20 has made several post in more than one year. Gran has made few posts , all very recently.FACT

Edited by 202003

I've been to many games here in West Tennessee and Gleason's Hudson and Dresden's Bailey are the 2 top point guards on this side of the state, in regards to Single A and even Double A. If Bailey would have been coached right, she would be a big time D1 ball player and she still may be, pure athletic ability and drive. Hudson, I don't know how she does it, she's not very big nor speedy but she has an uncanny ability to break down defenses. Peabody is talented as well, but their guards hurt them. I can't remember who they, might have been Greenfield, ran their daunted press against and Peabody got run out of it. I haven't seen Edney, but I have read alot about her and talked to others who have seen her play and they say she is an excellent ball player as well. I don't know if Clarkrange is back loaded or not, but I feel the teams in Northwest Tennessee, could easily comprise 4 of the spots in the State Championship, if single A ball was an open division. When the truth has been said, probably the reason why Northwest Tn is getting shafted with the new district alignments. Sad but true. :D

If Bailey would have been coached right, she would be a big time D1 ball player and she still may be, pure athletic ability and drive.  :)

825550562[/snapback]

I guess coaches winning 20 plus games a year is not being coached right? Every team she has played on has won at least 20 games. This year they are 23-4 and the season isn't over. I would hate to see what you would say if they had only won like 15 games a couple of years.

Yeah, they won 20+ games a year and then they meet a team that matches up with them when its lose or go home and the coaches (plural) fade in the pressure. You can win 30 games a year but if you aren't making the adjustments to your competition, you'll go home fast in tournament time. I'm simply saying that Bailey is the purest athlete and wants to beat you like a drum, anyone who watches them play will tell you that, don't tell me about your records, tell me about your championships. I will give them credit in several areas, they probably commit the most fouls of any one team in the northwest, without getting them called and they have the most talent of any one team in the northwest. If they don't go all the way this year, I'm sure you have a reason on here to post....and I'm sure it won't be the coaching..lol :unsure:

It is obvious you don't know half as much as you think you do about the dhs basketball program. bailey for one is not the purest athlete, maybe the best basketball player but not athlete. Next, they might foul alot but it is because they play so hard and want to do so well, so just drop the whole crying about fouls routine that is getting really old, baby. Oh, and about going home fast, lets see 2 out of the past 3 years went to sub-state. As far as the coaching goes at dhs sean stephenson and johnathan west have both done great jobs, as well as their staff, and neither will take credit for winning a game, but as good coaches do they will take credit for the losses.

:o