Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach21,

I simply asked what was wrong with the intensity of the team? I am sorry you are so sensitive about the Cavaliers.

I am the mother of a Cav from 8 years ago. They played with heart and intensity. That has been the earmark of Cavalier teams for years.

Maybe I saw them on a bad day. I hope they are intense, in fact I heard they won tonight and I am glad.

Yet I probably won't be back to a game for a while if Coaches like you are so critical of anyone who simply ask a question without  calling any names.

Once you are gone I'll still be in Cookeville and I'll be supporting the Cavs.

825638116[/snapback]

Two Sport Fan,

I am a fan of many of the years teams, and I don't get on a public forum and start trash about intensity or lack of, or critical of a coach for backing up the work ethic of his team, Seems to me you would want a coach that is backing his teams, something that 8 years ago, you didn't have !!! Since there was so much turn over in coaching then, they were not loyal to the program or the kids, or they didn't win or ??? the case may have been.

It is fine if you don't come back and support the team, ( you seem to be the type that only jumps on the band wagon when it makes you look good) that is not a true supporter of the or A program anyway. There have been many good players who have come through the baseball program, and on any given night, may have not impressed someone, but don't bash a team because of it, or a coach.

Not sure Coach 21 is actually a Coach, but I still like his backing of the kids, whomever he/she is.

Young man, Just simply look at my original post. I simply asked about the intensity and ask why we hadn't played as many games as other teams in our district.

I didn't trash talk anyone or criticize anyone. I simply asked a question. Doesn't a fan or parent or even a infrequent game attender have a right to ask two simple questions without being belittled as a non supporter.

Please forgive me for saying anything. I am sorry we are living in a sports environment in which questioning is branded as bad fanship. I see why Oakland and Riverdale dominate every year. Their fans are allowed to ask the hard questions.

Yet a mom who supported the program when her son played and still has interest in it today simply ask a question and she gets ridiculed. Maybe that's the reason the former players of years ago no longer support the program, it's not about tradition and standards of excellence, it's about making sure no one's feelings get hurt.

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
Best of luck to OHS and Siegel today as they go to round 2 of district play.

Step up PJ and Burnett.........everyone knows you guys are capable. Get back on that winning track.

everybody at Siegel........support each other. Times are tufff right now and it is time to dig in as a TEAM and get the job done. Don't listen to mumblings around you....cast the old off....and encourage each other. This game can be yours if you WANT it badly enuff. Support Lefty on the mound......get the gloves ready . Jones.....we needs your bats today. You have saved us more than once and you can surely do it again. TEAMWORK guys.

825638313[/snapback]

Agreed ... I know Siegel will find a way to get back on track.

Agreed ... I know Siegel will find a way to get back on track.

825638629[/snapback]

Didnt siegal lose to WC and killian ther is no shame in that he is good and the team is pppretty good to this is a wide open district and anyone can beat anyone on any day i think white county and lebanon will even upset one of the big teams too so you have ot have your a game evry evening in this district

Young man, Just simply look at my original post. I simply asked about the intensity and ask why we hadn't played as many games as other teams in our district.

I didn't trash talk anyone or criticize anyone. I simply asked a question. Doesn't a fan or parent or even a infrequent game attender have a right to ask two simple questions without being belittled as a non supporter.

Please forgive me for saying anything. I am sorry we are living in a sports environment in which questioning is branded as bad fanship. I see why Oakland and Riverdale dominate every year. Their fans are allowed to ask the hard questions.

Yet a mom who supported the program when her son played and still has interest in it today simply ask a question and she gets ridiculed. Maybe that's the reason the former players of years ago no longer support the program, it's not about tradition and standards of excellence, it's about making sure no one's feelings get hurt.

825638311[/snapback]

You can ask as many questions as you would like, but don't put us down by saying we are lacking intensity, or something along those lines. Oakland isn't playing as well as they would like to be right now, but do you hear anyone saying that they lack intensity and aren't playing hard? No. They are trying to rally their team by building them up. I am proud of our guys, and they play hard every game. They press just a bit, but that is from wanting to make plays to help us win.

No one is "branding" your fanship. All I said was, if you are with us, be with us all the way, if not, then don't. The guilt trip you are trying to give is not going to work. And for your information, many of the former players come and watch us play and ask about us and support us. Many of the guys I played with 9 years ago and even before me are behind us. So, I guess you are on your own. And trust me, you're not hurting our feelings.