Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe our Cavaliers play tonight against White Cty.

I was looking at the 7-AAA standings and it appears that Cookeville has played less games than all but one team in our district. I saw them play against Crossville and they had no life and no intensity. Is the lack of games a picture of the lack of enthusiasim in the entire program.

What has happened? All I heard was how good they were suppose to be? Hardly anything is ever in the paper-maybe because they never play. Oh well!!!!

I believe our Cavaliers play tonight against White Cty.

I was looking at the 7-AAA standings and it appears that Cookeville has played less games than all but one team in our district. I saw them play against Crossville and they had no life and no intensity. Is the lack of games a picture of the lack of enthusiasim in the entire program.

What has happened? All I heard was how good they were suppose to be? Hardly anything is ever in the paper-maybe because they never play. Oh well!!!!

825637405[/snapback]

Ok, you have only seen us play one game right? Well, let me tell you something, you don't have a clue of how hard these kids play and work. It's early and yes, we haven't played as well as we would have liked up to this point. We had 34 games sceduled this year, already, the 2nd Ooltewah game and the Riverdale Tournament were rained out. That's another 4 maybe 5 games. That's why we haven't played as many games as everyone else. Did you look at the district standings pretty close? Because we are 2-0. Our kids are playing hard. I see that you put "Our Cavaliers" in your post. Well, if all you can do is talk bad about us, then we don't need your support, and we are definately not "Your Cavaliers". We play a pretty tough schedule this year, and it will be hard to match last years record, but that doesn't mean that we don't play hard because we aren't 9-0 right now. If you are going to support us then support us, if not then we don't need you. Oh and by the way, the "program " is doing just fine, and it will continue to with or without fans like you.

Doesn't a fan have the right to be critical of his team?  Chill coach21.  Everybody can't just be hunky-dorey all the time.  True fans see the good and the bad.  I think I would appreciate the interest in the team if I were you.

825637650[/snapback]

You don't just go to one game and make assumptions about the character of a team. A fan should support his/her team good or bad. The fans don't coach the team, or play for the team. They do not know what these young men go through, and how hard they work. I know that we have gained some bandwagon fans because we had a turnaround year last year. And now that we are playing some tough competitiion and other teams know we are good, it's not going to be as easy to have that stellar record, but that doesn't mean that we still do not play hard. And now all the wannabe coaches in the stands start their chirping. If you are a "true" fan, you stay with the program and support it good or bad, not just when they are good. We appreciate the support and the interest, but if you are going to support us, then do it fully and respect what we do because we work hard at it each and every day. I know that I am not speaking just for our team, I'm sure there are many more that feel the same way. If you're with us the be with us to the fullest, if you aren't then don't bother.

I respect your opinion as well. It's just that there are many things that people do not see just because they come to games only. They don't see the grueling hours these kids put in running, taking fungo, taking bp, etc. The list could go on and on, and it's just not fair to say that they have no desire or lack effort. Players graduate and new guys will have to step up. Teams identities change each year. You have to play with the hand you are dealt. We have an excellent group of guys, and they bust their tails. We are going to be just fine. There's more to the game than just playing it, and that is true with any sport.

Coach21,

I simply asked what was wrong with the intensity of the team? I am sorry you are so sensitive about the Cavaliers.

I am the mother of a Cav from 8 years ago. They played with heart and intensity. That has been the earmark of Cavalier teams for years.

Maybe I saw them on a bad day. I hope they are intense, in fact I heard they won tonight and I am glad.

Yet I probably won't be back to a game for a while if Coaches like you are so critical of anyone who simply ask a question without calling any names.

Once you are gone I'll still be in Cookeville and I'll be supporting the Cavs.