Simpson

BuckLateral

GoArmySports.com, Jan. 13, 2005, says that Phillip Simpson is ranked second nationally at 149 pounds according to The Wrestling Mall. Simpson, who sports a 10-1 record this season, defeated then-No. 4 Matt Storniolo of Oklahoma, 5-0, last Thursday evening. His lone loss was back in November versus then-No. 2 Dustin Manotti of Cornell.

Simpson's career record stands at 115-18 and he is just 11 wins shy of tying Brad Fenske's Army all-time mark. for career wins.

GoArmySports.com, Jan. 13, 2005, says that  Phillip Simpson  is ranked second nationally at 149 pounds according to The Wrestling Mall.    Simpson, who sports a 10-1 record this season, defeated then-No. 4 Matt Storniolo of Oklahoma, 5-0, last Thursday evening.  His lone loss was back in November versus then-No. 2 Dustin Manotti of Cornell.

Simpson's career record stands at 115-18 and he is just 11 wins shy of tying Brad Fenske's  Army  all-time mark. for career wins.

825518556[/snapback]

Congratulations Phillip! Fantastic record considering his schedule.

Congratulations Phillip! Fantastic record considering his schedule.

825518716[/snapback]

Having watched Simpson wrestle in college and having also seen Storniolo, Esposito, and Manotti I'd say Phillip has a decent shot to make the D1 finals this year. I'd rank Esposito 1, Manotti 2 and Phillip 3. Over a three day tournament wresters get exhausted however and making weight on three consecutive days is very taxing. Talent gives a little way to stamina and mental toughness.

He's got a great shot.

I am new to Tennesee. Would he be the first Champ from this state if he succeeded?