Soddy Daisy Vs. Hixson

HotSauce11

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so shumate is a horrible coach because one of his players got in a fight???? and hixson has a great coach because he sends players to the locker room for cussin???? mnewballer help me out i obviously have no idea what makes a good coach.

825534798[/snapback]

if you dont know that high school athletics are about so much more than wins and losses, then i can't help you out....i didn't say shumate was or wasn't a good coach so dont put any of that on me, im talking about just coaching and high school sports in general

HotSauce11,

Yeah, you're probably right, those kind of things only happen at Hixson!  Yeah right.

Oh, but you did hear about those things, didn't you.  Let's see the football field incident, it seems like all those kids were arrested and some still haven't received their diplomas.  And the extortion thing, uh, it's still pending.  And the kid with the gun, uh, arrrested, and by the way, not a student at Hixson

Oh, and by the way genius, it's etc., not ect., that good SD education kicking in I guess!

825534072[/snapback]

well put backr... taking after your name i see.

he's right, the adult age parking lot gunman, never made it outside his car; hixson students were responsible enough to report the situation to the correct authorities so the problem could be addressed.

the extortion is like backr said, pending, and the charges haven't been dropped.

the vandals of last spring i believe just got their diplomas last week, but not sure if all of them received their diplomas; each payed a divided fee that covered the cost of the damage which equated to about $6,000 a person.

i don't think discipline is light at hixson, though some believe to think that simply because of the three incidents that you mentioned, all were arrested and prosecuted.

the etc. grammatical flaw is hilarious, and how many times do we have to compare the academic performances of these two schools, especially when hixson has a lower socio-economic average than that of soddy. it is endless... and we all know the answer to that one.

well put backr... taking after your name i see.

he's right, the adult age parking lot gunman, never made it outside his car; hixson students were responsible enough to report the situation to the correct authorities so the problem could be addressed.

the extortion is like backr said, pending, and the charges haven't been dropped.

the vandals of last spring i believe just got their diplomas last week, but not sure if all of them received their diplomas; each payed a divided fee that covered the cost of the damage which equated to about $6,000 a person.

i don't think discipline is light at hixson, though some believe to think that simply because of the three incidents that you mentioned, all were arrested and prosecuted.

the etc. grammatical flaw is hilarious, and how many times do we have to compare the academic performances of these two schools, especially when hixson has a lower  socio-economic average than that of soddy. it is endless... and we all know the answer to that one.

825534922[/snapback]

For Nokona as Compiled from 2004 School Report Card Data:

ACT 3-year composite = RB(21.3); Hix (19.0); SD (21.4)

Writing Assessment = RB (4.3); Hix (4.0); SD (4.2)

Gateway Math = RB (68); Hix (71); SD (92)

Gateway English = RB (93); Hix (91); SD (97)

Gateway Science = RB (100); Hix (97); SD (96)

Attendance = RB (91.5); Hix (90.6); SD (92.1)

Nokona - ;) TALK IS CHEAP; it took me about 20 minutes to look this up on the school system's website.

For Nokona as Compiled from 2004 School Report Card Data:

ACT 3-year composite = RB(21.3); Hix (19.0); SD (21.4)

Writing Assessment = RB (4.3); Hix (4.0); SD (4.2)

Gateway Math = RB (68); Hix (71); SD (92)

Gateway English = RB (93); Hix (91); SD (97)

Gateway Science = RB (100); Hix (97); SD (96)

Attendance = RB (91.5); Hix (90.6); SD (92.1)

Nokona -  :P TALK IS CHEAP; it took me about 20 minutes to look this up on the school system's website.

825534956[/snapback]

<_<:huh: nice......i always thought u said hixson was SUPPIERIOR to soddy in every way nokona????? seems soddy and red bank have you beat, in academics and athletics....

Let's be honest. If the students who are actually ZONED for Hixson attended Hixson, it would be a better school. A lot of good athletes, cheerleaders and students snub Hixson, going instead to Red Bank and Soddy Daisy. The principals at those schools "look the other way...." unless you're a troublemaker. Then, and only then do they enforce the zoning rules. It's the truth.....and everyone knows it.

Apparently, no one in the Hixson area has the power to make anyone enforce the zoning rules, because the leaders of the school district allow this to happen, year after year.

Let's be honest.  If the students who are actually ZONED for Hixson attended Hixson, it would be a better school.  A lot of good athletes, cheerleaders and students snub Hixson, going instead to Red Bank and Soddy Daisy.  The principals at those schools "look the other way...." unless you're a troublemaker.  Then, and only then do they enforce the zoning rules.    It's the truth.....and everyone knows it.

Apparently, no one in the Hixson area has the power to make anyone enforce the zoning rules, because the leaders of the school district allow this to happen, year after year.

825535548[/snapback]

Fella, that would not be the case in my experience. My parents tried to get me in Soddy, but you have to do a hardship form and not only both the sending and receiving principals but the central office has to approve it. Since I was out of zone, barely, I could not get my form approved. I was just happy I didn't have to go to Hixson! :rolleyes:

Fella, that would not be the case in my experience. My parents tried to get me in Soddy, but you have to do a hardship form and not only both the sending and receiving principals but the central office has to approve it. Since I was out of zone, barely, I could not get my form approved. I was just happy I didn't have to go to Hixson! :P

825536480[/snapback]

You must not have been a good enough athlete.