Giles County vs. Brentwood Ac. updates

GCfan79

I never claimed to quote you.  I was simply trying to bring the thread full circle by re-establishing that the fans in attendance saw a game tonight, not merely an exhibition of the skills of two talented players.  My post was neither directed towards you nor towards anyone else in particular.

825537619[/snapback]

kk, thats cool

did anyone get a good pic of that dunk over brandon wright?????????????????

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
My question is, Where is Catfish's trademark bash on Tyler and Giles? Come on! You know you've got something cooking, big cat!

LEBRON WHO?

825537606[/snapback]

If you would have read the previous posts in this thread, then you could have seen my response to the game willyp6. Since you are too darn lazy to go back and look, then I'll give my opinion of last night's gam for a THIRD TIME!!! Giles County might be the best AA team I've seen in person this year folks. They are big, athletic, and have the ability to make some outside shots (unlike last year's Giles County team that had Shay & nobody). Tyler Smith is a force inside. When he decides to put the ball and the floor and take it to the rack, well there is no stopping him. His outside shot has improved tremendously since last year's regional tourney, but it still isn't great (and I'm sure that Tyler would be the first person to admit that). When Tyler does get that confidence on the perimeter, then the sky is the limit as far as his future is concerned. I can't wait to see Giles again in the regional tourney, which is at Page I believe.

GCfan79, you my friend are not what your name says. You said last night that you "didn't care who won this game". You just wanted to see how Tyler played against Brandan Wright. You should consider changing your name to "TylerSmithfan79", after all he is what you really did come to see isn't he??? I sure did find it funny that a guy who didn't care about the score was posting scores during his first two posts on this thread. You sure weren't in too big of a hurry to post the final score though were you GCfan79???

One of Tyler's shots that got blocked either in the 3rd or 4th quarter, he drove the whole length of the court, and was FALLING DOWN (no foul was called) and while he was like 2 feet off the court just tossed up a prayer to the hoop that was blocked by BWright.  Not like he got his stuff swatted on a jump shot from the FT line or anything.

825538000[/snapback]

See it here in the photo gallery thumb

http://www.coacht.com/gallery/single.cfm?PhotoID=27202

WOW,catfish i can't believe what i just read.as for the dunk over brandan watch ch.4 news highlights they had the best footage of it,by the way did any one record the game,would love to buy a copy.as for the crowd giles co. was represented well.it is clearly proven that BA is a solid basketball team and should not have any trouble winning a third championship in dII BA is like giles co.in their distict their in a league of their own.WNEELY why was the BENCH MOB so quiet?you all just stood there most of the time.yes and brandan did block tyler once but if i was almost 7' with a wing span of the same i would have blocked him to.all together it was a exciting game hats off to both teams for a class preformance.i wish they would play one more time to break the 2-2 tie.

Why are we debating if Wright blocked Smith's shot , he is supposd to, the guy is 6'9 about 3 in. taller than Smith . What you are not supposed to see is a 6'4 guy (channinng coffey) block a 6'9 guy (brandon wright). I know people will argue because the refs called a foul but the only reason they done that was because they couldn't believe it either.

Great game by both teams. thumb

Why are we debating if Wright blocked Smith's shot , he is supposd to, the guy is 6'9 about 3 in. taller than Smith . What you are not supposed to see is a 6'4 guy (channinng coffey) block a 6'9 guy (brandon wright). I know people will argue because the refs called a foul but the only reason they done that was because they couldn't believe it either.

Great game by both teams. thumb

825538336[/snapback]

agreed... that was a bad call.. coffey didn't even bump bodies w/ wright... just went up and had his hand on the ball...

Bench Mob is dead apparently.  I'm just ready to get out of Pulaski.  The students are mostly freshman or 8th graders at our home games, and all of the former members are too busy or too cool to come sit and cheer like they did last year or the years prior.

825538345[/snapback]

yea, the crowd from giles co was kinda weak last nite... :lol:

Granted both players are talented. But to say that Wright's shots are unblockable on the low post is a far stretch.  The kis is 6'9 and weighs a buck 90.  I don't think he can back down a Shaq, Carmello, or Yao.  Not to mention, the NBA plays help defense.  They are double teaming when the the ball is on the low post.  Wright will be in college in two years, playing for a NCAA championship contender while Smith is 2 years into a rebuiding process at UT that will probably never see the NCAA tournament.

825537766[/snapback]

1) Wright won't back down, that's not his game. 2) He won't be matched up on Shaq, Carmelo, or Yao...he's a 4, they're a 5, a 3, and a 5 respectively. 3) He could go around Shaq or Yao easily