McNair's Future

ERA

In another prop offered by the Antigua-based book, it's plus 325 that Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair will retire before the start of the 2005 season, and minus 450 that he'll return. McNair recently underwent surgery to repair his sternum. McNair said late last year he was considering retirement due in part to a history of injuries.

Las Vegas Sun.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Steve, knowing the Titans are a 100 to 1 longshot for the SuperBowl next year, I would definitely look to increase MY odds of having one or two more shots at it before I retire. I would WANT to be traded. It would be WIN-WIN for everyone involved. Nobody could put a justifiable bad face on that trade.

If I were the JETS, COWBOYS, DOLPHINS or a team with most of the pieces to the puzzle but lacking a QB with leadership and still awesome skills, I would be vying for Steve McNair and doing it in a hurry. :(

If I was Steve, knowing the Titans are a 100 to 1 longshot for the SuperBowl next year, I would definitely look to increase MY odds of having one or two more shots at it before I retire. I would WANT to be traded. It would be WIN-WIN for everyone involved. Nobody could put a justifiable bad face on that trade.

If I were the JETS, COWBOYS, DOLPHINS or a team with most of the pieces to the puzzle but lacking a QB with leadership and still awesome skills, I would be vying for Steve McNair and doing it in a hurry. :lol:

825541798[/snapback]

and who would we get in return for this trade?

I'd say if Steve's sternum proves to be a total success and he's back as his young self, he should be worth at least two high caliber players and/or draft picks. We then are relieved of his money against our cap, we get probably at least two really talented players for him and he gets at least one more well deserved shot at another SuperBowl. It is the sensable thing to do. thumb

Even the Detroit Lions have all the pieces to be a contender. The QB has been stinking it up. Steve can be the difference for a team. :D

I have been a fan of the Titans from day one. If they don't even consider making a trade, I'm starting to wonder about their motives. Agendas play a part in this. They may want Steve to stay just to make sure they keep their jobs with his great playing ability but that's not what's best for the team. :D

A healthy Steve on the Titans next year will mean "a shot" at the playoffs but that's about it. They don't have the horsepower or experience to get further. Without Steve, we probably don't break 500 on the season but brought in several new players that help us get ready for next year.

The real question is, are they man enough to make a tough decision as this would take or not. B)

Edited by ERA

I'd say if Steve's sternum proves to be a total success and he's back as his young self, he should be worth at least two high caliber players and/or draft picks. We then are relieved of his money against our cap, we get probably at least two really talented players for him and he gets at least one more well deserved shot at another SuperBowl. It is the sensable thing to do. thumb

Even the Detroit Lions have all the pieces to be a contender. The QB has been stinking it up. Steve can be the difference for a team. :D

I have been a fan of the Titans from day one. If they don't even consider making a trade, I'm starting to wonder about their motives. Agendas play a part in this. They may want Steve to stay just to make sure they keep their jobs with his great playing ability but that's not what's best for the team. :D

A healthy Steve on the Titans next year will mean "a shot" at the playoffs but that's about it. They don't have the horsepower or experience to get further. Without Steve, we probably don't break 500 on the season but brought in several new players that help us get ready for next year.

The real question is, are they man enough to make a tough decision as this would take or not. B)

825542505[/snapback]

dont see the titans doing that...