McNair's Future

ERA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now with an offensive mind like Chow, McNair is almost a lock I bet...

825558743[/snapback]

You're not serious are you? Think about it. If you pay the bigger bucks for a big time offensive coordinator and you're still over the cap? Really, you will most likely see the team get busted up. Chow has a history with working his magic with YOUNG players not old ones. I see the Titans blowing the team up and McNair will be blown up with it. Most of it relies on Steve's decision but I expect to see almost all the big names gone on offense and Chow gets to start fresh with new and young players. There's just too many players that are questionable on full recovery from injuries. :lol:

:  I was stationed in the V.I.P room that night with some other celebs. too:

Richard Marx

Keith Urban

Montgomery Gentry

Wynona Judd

Tim McGraw

Faith Hill

Leanne Womack

Leanne Rhimes.

825555314[/snapback]

You poor soul. That had to be horrible.

Hold on to the night.

Hold on to the memories.

How the heck did Richard Marx get into that party? Oh yeah, his carrer entered the downward spiral so he started producing something even more lame. BOY BANDS. They have since grown stale, so hes gone to his last resort. Country music. This has to be it for Richie, because I just cant see him in Rap or Hip/Hop. :D

You're not serious are you? Think about it. If you pay the bigger bucks for a big time offensive coordinator and you're still over the cap? Really, you will most likely see the team get busted up. Chow has a history with working his magic with YOUNG players not old ones. I see the Titans blowing the team up and McNair will be blown up with it. Most of it relies on Steve's decision but I expect to see almost all the big names gone on offense and Chow gets to start fresh with new and young players. There's just too many players that are questionable on full recovery from injuries.  :ph34r:

825559604[/snapback]

good point, but I didn't think coaches applied to the cap... Then again like you said, Volek may be the style Chow is used to?? I would like to see McNair back at least one more year though..

First off, all of this trade talk is nonsense. Somebody called in to a Titans Postgame show with Pat Ryan and Mike Keith late in the season and proposed we trade McNair, and both of them laughed. Due to McNair's huge cap number and all of the complexities of the cap, trading for somebody with McNair's age and cap number and injury history just isn't feasable for many if any teams. I see McNair coming back this season, and than just taking it year by year after that.

Also, coaches don't count towards the salery cap.

First off, all of this trade talk is nonsense. Somebody called in to a Titans Postgame show with Pat Ryan and Mike Keith late in the season and proposed we trade McNair, and both of them laughed. Due to McNair's huge cap number and all of the complexities of the cap, trading for somebody with McNair's age and cap number and injury history just isn't feasable for many if any teams. I see McNair coming back this season, and than just taking it year by year after that. 

Also, coaches don't count towards the salery cap.

825564058[/snapback]

Everyone knows or should know that the coaches don't count against the teams celery enb07438m_celery.jpg cap. It's just that the investments made by an owner come under the same scrutiny as total monies out. Steve may no leave but if I were in his shoes, I'd be hunting a team with a shot at the playoffs and SB before I would hang here. B)

Everyone knows or should know that the coaches don't count against the teams celery enb07438m_celery.jpg cap. It's just that the investments made by an owner come under the same scrutiny as total monies out. Steve may no leave but if I were in his shoes, I'd be hunting a team with a shot at the playoffs and SB before I would hang here. :D

825564741[/snapback]

that celery isnt all that good, especially mixed with football...

I'd say if Steve's sternum proves to be a total success and he's back as his young self, he should be worth at least two high caliber players and/or draft picks. We then are relieved of his money against our cap, we get probably at least two really talented players for him and he gets at least one more well deserved shot at another SuperBowl. It is the sensable thing to do. thumb

Even the Detroit Lions have all the pieces to be a contender. The QB has been stinking it up. Steve can be the difference for a team. ;)

I have been a fan of the Titans from day one. If they don't even consider making a trade, I'm starting to wonder about their motives. Agendas play a part in this. They may want Steve to stay just to make sure they keep their jobs with his great playing ability but that's not what's best for the team. ;)

A healthy Steve on the Titans next year will mean "a shot" at the playoffs but that's about it. They don't have the horsepower or experience to get further. Without Steve, we probably don't break 500 on the season but brought in several new players that help us get ready for next year.

The real question is, are they man enough to make a tough decision as this would take or not. :(

825542505[/snapback]

Looks like they are ready to pull out the chopping axe............. B) ITYS!