Temple downs Pickett. Co.

Grace Golden Eagles

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like always in Vance Gym, I didn't hear whistles when I thought I shoulda', and I didn't hear whistles when I could've sworn I saw something to toot the whistle for.

825541947[/snapback]

hey college boy...since you seem to be so upset about the horrible officiating at temple i have the grandest idea.....why dont you just drop out of school and become an official and call everything the way YOU see it.... who knows maybe one day you will be so popular with the temple haters you will work your way up the ranks to the NBA and make the big bucks baby..... till that happens quit your cryin about all of it... best of luck to ya big boy thumb thumb

I'm wrong William FC??? Have you ever seen Webb play??? I would bet: NO

West Carroll is also 21-1

Webb is averaging 25 ppg, 12 rpg, 6 bpg, and 3 apg...and shoots 49% from threes...

Webb also signed with Ole Miss (SEC, in case you didn't know)

I would still take Bailey over Skogen any day. I had the choice to recruit either one last year, and thought Bailey was better, so I recruited Bailey instead of Skogen...

WilliamFC, it sounds like you are so biased, that I bet you haven't even seen any West Tn or Memphis ball before. I bet you haven't seen West Carroll, or Trenton (who has the #2 Mr. Basketball finalist in Class A), or other West Tn class teams such as Northside, or Mitchell, or Raleigh-Egypt, or Bolivar, or Haywood, or Union City, or Sheffield, or Liberty, or White Station, or Fairley, or Ridgeway, or Hamilton, etc... Until you see these teams and players, you might want to work on that tunnel-vision you have...

825541990[/snapback]

Bailey over Skogen? Hmm. i agree with most everything you say but not this. Bailey is a good shooter, but he struggled to get open and most of his points were in the 4th quarter off of crap. Caleb controled the whole game from start to finish. Caleb makes everyone around him better Bailey doesnt. The only thing bailey does to help his team is attract the other teams best defender. Skogen is better than Bailey and I would take him any day. I think after watching this game Caleb has to be a finalist for Mr. Basketball. I havent seen Webb play so im not gonna comment on him. Just curious Gomab how much have u seen caleb play? you should try to get a tape of this game.

Gomab,

Let's shoot straight. WilliamFC might be bias, no problem, but you have to admit that you are just as bias. I asked you a series of questions when the season started and you refused to answer one of them that I asked twice and that was how many times you have seen Skogen play? And, if the only time you saw him was at the state tourny last year...So how many times have you seen him play? You are making your judgments about Bailey vs. Skogen on YOUR bias. HOwever, there is nothing wrong with that, just don't accuse someone else of doing what YOU are doing. I personally have no problem with you saying that it is your bias, we all have them.

Bailey is very good and he and Skogen play different positions. However, Skogen is faster, handles the ball better, jumps better, gets to the hole better and has more athleticism. Anyone who watched them on the floor last night would have to agree whether they like him or not. Bailey is a better pure shooter and would run the two better than the one.

Webb is obviously putting up the W's and the numbers, he might be the best, but I find your criticisms of Skogen's game and comparisons that you make to be short-sighted IF, and I am saying IF, you are basing them on seeing him play once or twice.

Gomab,

I go think most of what you say is pretty good, but I gotta a question, and i aint tryin to be nasty, honest. Could it be true that part of teh reason that you didnt recruit Skogan is cuz you tried to get his older brother but he didn't go with you? I know they got something about playin on Sunday, like, they dont. Could that be part of the reason to? Because after seein the game, I can't figure out why you took Bailey over Skogan and then you are so strong about sayin that you would do it agaiin. I aint tryin to be offensive, just wonderin.

Skogen is good and no one will argue against that, but he just doesnt have what it takes to be M. Basketball, he should be considered, but he will never win. Webb is a lot better, and Bailey can be. It all just depends in what you are lookin for. Caleb is athletic, but hasnt been shootin the 3 too well.

825542638[/snapback]

Let's see -- not shooting the three well? I believe he had like 4 last night.

Anyone that says Caleb isn't the #1 pick for MB doesn't really have a clue.

His numbers and the teams success speaks for itself.

I heard the game was pretty good last night.

I'm sorry I missed it.

But replying to the fact of Caleb Skogen being the top candidate for Mr. B-Ball in 1A. I'd say that he is one of the top players in the state. He is a great ball handler and he is quick. Plus, he can shoot and take the ball to the hoop. So, Gomab -- take your blinders off and take a closer look at Caleb.

I've not seen Webb play -- but I wouldn't count Caleb out of the race for Mr.  Basketball. He has some good numbers also:

20.9 ppg

5.5 apg

2.7 spg

No -- he's not a 6-8 center, but he's no doubt a great guard that has hops second to none. And no he's not going to an SEC school but I'm sure he could, but has decided to play at Mercer University with his older brother Jake (last years Mr. Basketball).

825542042[/snapback]

caleb could not play at an sec school, yes he is very good but nowhere near sec material, and yes he will be a mr basketball finalist but having seen both of them play i would have to give it to xavier webb that kid is just crazy good, and while skogens numbers are impressive, webb's are just that little bit better, and with the records being the same i'd say it has to go to webb....everyone on this thread is just too biased in their own opinions to even consider anyone else besides their hometown guy or guy on their team, it is just ridiculous how you guys argue about it....so temple will go and take the state championship and webb will take mr. basketball, i think that is a fair trade what about you guys??

and on a side note, good luck to all of them as they go to their respective colleges, hope they all do well in the future

Edited by mnewballer21