TMSAA Area II small schools @ Scott High

TheAnswer9

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a parent of 2 former Fairview b-ball players I would like to say thank you to all who have complimented Coach Day. That means alot to me, he does have class and I'm thankful for that, it should be about the kids having fun and doing their best and I am glad there are a few people and coaches who know this. As for the girls coach ...."Yaden" I have heard that he gets real mad and does kick and throw things but I haven't witnessed it myself just heard from other people. But best of luck to all the teams moving on to the FORGE......go Scott County!!!!!

Oneida wins tourny and I keep seeing posts about P/J and Fairview being a better team. 1 post even said that P/J had the best defense in tourny.

FACTS: Oneida may not have the best individual players but they had the best TEAM last week. They won 3 games against very good teams by playing team ball on both ends of the floor and not worring about a all-tourny trophy. In 3 games they only had 1 player score in double figures in 1 game and that was #5 Newport who had 11pts against P/J. The 3 players who were selected to all-tourny and MVP had scoring totals of 21,22,23 reassuring to me that this is truely a team sport.

As for best D Oneida held Huntsville to 21pts,PJ to 34pts, and Fairview to 27pts in the tourny.

Also when PJ beat Oneida early in season they seem to overlook the fact that Oneida's leading scorer missed all but 2 mins of first half with foul trouble and that 3 starters for Oneida had only practiced 2 times because of football. Oneida also was 1 for 8 at foul line on that night.

That said I bet if you played this tourny next week you would probably get a different winner, and maybe a different winner the 3rd time.

PJ does have the better team. They have the best defense too. The only reason they lost is because there leading scorer who averages 18 pts. a game had 4. He had a personal problem that through his whole game off signifigantly.PJ who missed only 2 foul shots the night before and none the day after went 0-9 on the line. If PJ would've played their game they would've won.And as for two players missing practice because of football, PJ also had 2 players that played football for Coalfield that missed every practice except one.If PJ was to rematch Oneida or play Fairview they would win both 4 out of 5.

PJ does have the better team. They have the best defense too. The only reason they lost is because there leading scorer who averages 18 pts. a game had 4. He had a personal problem that through his whole game off signifigantly.PJ who missed only 2 foul shots the night before and none the day after went 0-9 on the line. If PJ would've played their game they would've won.And as for two players missing practice because of football, PJ also had 2 players that played football for Coalfield that missed every practice except one.If PJ was to rematch Oneida or play Fairview they would win both 4 out of 5.

825559135[/snapback]

I'm sure PJ's best scorer's lack of points had nothing to do with Oneida's defense. Naaa, just a bad night. :lol: The only reason they lost is because Oneida BEAT them, they scored more points, that's how you win. Playing hard is good, doing everything right is good, being the best team in the world is good, but if you don't score enough points to beat the worst team in the world, guess what you lose. I was at the game, I saw the game, it could've went either way and Oneida pulled it out, give the kids some credit.

I though the best scorer was supposed to be suspended anyway? Guess either he wasn't or it was a rumor.

Edited by CrushMonster

He got in trouble and was said to be suspended but wasn't.That was the reason for his off game.Yes Oneida won and i congratulate them, but I'm just saying I don't think they have the best team. I think if PJ played like they played against Wartburg in the championship game then they couldn't be touched but that's just how the hammer falls. I'm not here to argue I just wanted to put my two cents in.TBK

One other question, is Lake City Girls Basketball team NOT in the Large School Tournament?  I mean, isn't the TMSAA the more attractive option from a recognition standpoint?  Their girls are solid and I'm sure the other teams are overjoyed with the fact that they are not there. :D Kaz is puzzled :lol:

825544956[/snapback]

as a former district champion and all district player from HMS in 03'04 we knocked oneida out and we beat them 2 times in the regular season by more than 10 because we had heart and desire and a hate for them tribals up north. but the tourney that matters the most is the one coming up we made it to the semis and got beat by catons at catons by 1 in OT. it will all be over soon for the 8th graders so u better make your last games count i know i did

Edited by running riot