TMSAA Area II small schools @ Scott High

TheAnswer9

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he said he was from Scott County so that wasn't what I was assuming. I know that two years ago Robbins won the district championship. Harriman won the sectional tournament in 02 and 03. Not only that, but I don't think they won their district last year anyway. They lost a lot of their talent. A lot of their team that won in 02 and 03 is playing varsity right now.

He got in trouble and was said to be suspended but wasn't.That was the reason for his off game.Yes Oneida won and i congratulate them, but I'm just saying I don't think they have the best team. I think if PJ played like they played against Wartburg in the championship game then they couldn't be touched but that's just how the hammer falls. I'm not here to argue I just wanted to put my two cents in.TBK

825559468[/snapback]

TBK

I really think you are mistaken about who has the better team. Oneida only wins games because of TEAM effort. There isn't a star on that team. You say that the only reason Caleb Bunch was off against Oneida was for personal issues. I am sure that did effect him, but what about Daugherty and Nichols? Those two seem to be more talented than any two Oneida players. You also need to give some credit to the Slaven kid and Newport kid that guarded Bunch all night. Basically, it boiled down to the fact Oneida worked more as a team against the PJ defense and PJ couldn't get their 1on1 matchups to work very well (I think that means team defense prevailed). I will agree that PJ has more individual talent than Oneida (so does Fairview), but how can you possibly say they play better team ball if the only reason you give for them losing is Bunch's off-night?

PJ's players and coach are class acts, by the way. It won't surprise me to see them to go far in the Sectional tournament. I really think they thought Oneida was a non-factor and already thinking about Fairview.

By the way, TBK, have you seen the brackets for the sectional? PJ finishing third put them in the MUCH tougher bracket. You've got Oliver Springs, Fairview, Holston, Pi Beta Phi, and PJ that are really all #1 caliber teams. Whoever comes out of that side of the bracket will earn ever honor anyone wants to place on them.

Next week is gonna be a lot of fun. Can't wait to get started. thumb

Edited by coachjeffers

Could HMS be Harriman??

825561992[/snapback]

Answer,

This kid played at Huntsville........... either Brooks or Silcox. Both of these are great kids that overachieved last year. They did win the Area 2 tourney and went to the semis and played Catons Chapel very tough. And, yes they whipped Oneida 3 times last year like he said. It was basically the same team Oneida has on the floor this year (what a difference a year of growth and maturity makes). But whomever this player is, he makes a good point about making the most of your last games.

Edited by coachjeffers

Fairview will play host to Harriman (Monday night)---a 14pt or so victor over Midway!!

825563703[/snapback]

Answer,

Any predictions? I haven't seen Harriman since this past summer at the Oak Ridge team camp. They worked hard, but they were nothing like the Harriman teams of a couple of years ago. I watched Oneida beat them by a double digit margin at that camp, and that was when Oneida was not looking very good. I believe Gatlinburg Pi Beta Phi is going to have the "pleasure" of playing Fairview on Tuesday night.

What do you think?