McMinn loses to Bradley

Burnt

This was a great game. Back and forth all night. the game was tied and Oglesby shoots a 3 in the corner and misses and a delayed foul call comes with 3.9 seconds on Nick Arnwine. Oglesby misses the first 2 but makes the 3rd. McMinn called timeout and Jared Price ended up getting a shot off from half court when Justin Hicks was wide open down the court. But...i don't know how the refs did not call a foul on that play...i hate to say this but the refs really did cost them a chance to win the game. There's no question that on that shot Jared Price was fouled. It dissapoints me that a game comes down to this. But a good game either way.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game. Back and forth all night. the game was tied and Oglesby shoots a 3 in the corner and misses and a delayed foul call comes with 3.9 seconds on Nick Arnwine. Oglesby misses the first 2 but makes the 3rd. McMinn called timeout and Jared Price ended up getting a shot off from half court when Justin Hicks was wide open down the court. But...i don't know how the refs did not call a foul on that play...i hate to say this but the refs really did cost them a chance to win the game. There's no question that on that shot Jared Price was fouled. It dissapoints me that a game comes down to this. But a good game either way.

825552645[/snapback]

I was at the game . The Price kid was not even touched on the last shot!!! Olgesby got ran over on his three point attempt. This was a very even game and Mcminn co. should be proud of their effort but to say the refs cost them the game is not telling the facts. Foul are not suppose to be even but check the number of fouls called against Bradley in this game and I'll bet you'll find they had a lot more called on them then McMinn co. did.

I was at the game . The Price kid was not even touched on the last shot!!! Olgesby got ran over on his three point attempt. This was a very even game and Mcminn co. should be proud of their effort but to say the refs cost them the game is not telling the facts. Foul are not suppose to be even but check the number of fouls called against Bradley in this game and I'll bet you'll find they had a lot more called on them then McMinn co. did.

825552760[/snapback]

He didn't get touched!? Are you joking! What game were you at...there's no doubt that he was fouled. Anybody else on here that saw that and isn't a big Bradley fan would say he was fouled. And i didn't say the refs cost them the game....they cost them a CHANCE to win the game. And i know Oglesby was fouled on his 3, i never said that he didn't did i?

Those who blame referees don't understand how non-good there team is. Yes, I have just created a new word--non-good. It is a more PC version of just plain bad. Come on, officiating is a thankless job done by not so well paid human beings. The team that loses must accept the responsiblity for the loss, not pass that on to someone else who is far less deserving.

P.S. - I have noticed that teams drudging through the muck of mediocrity often search for reasons outside of themselves that they lost. By the way, what color sweatervests did the Bradley cult wear on the bench? Gold? Black?

He didn't get touched!? Are you joking! What game were you at...there's no doubt that he was fouled. Anybody else on here that saw that and isn't a big Bradley fan would say he was fouled. And i didn't say the refs cost them the game....they cost them a CHANCE to win the game. And i know Oglesby was fouled on his 3, i never said that he didn't did i?

825553165[/snapback]

99 times out of 100 you will not get that call, a ref isn't going to call a fall on a buzzer shot that is going to decide the game, that is just stupid to be complaining about that

The ref shouldn't of called the foul on Nick Arnwine with 3.9 seconds left. He should of let the game be decided in overtime. Jared Price should of never taken that shot from half court, he still had a good 2.5 seconds left on the clock, he should of gotten closer, and no he wasn't fouled on the play. Yes, I was at the game and NO, i'm not a Bradley fan

If Nick Arnwine didn't act like a circus sideshow at Lollapalooza while playing the game of basketball and hence bringing attention upon himself, then he would be less likely to have a cheap foul or two called on him during the course of the game.

825553207[/snapback]

So getting your team into the game is a bad thing? I love how he plays, he gets the crowd and the rest of the team into the game with his attitude. I give Bradley credit on this game. But i do think there was a foul that wasn't called, and yes, Jared shouldn't have shot it especially with 2.5 seconds still left but when that happens you can't look up at the clock to see how much time is left. I mean, Justin Hicks was WIDE OPEN for a shot, but you can't see that with that much time left.

Congratulations to both teams on a very competitive, exciting boys game. The Cherokees are vastly improved this season and more of a team than last year. And that's not a slap at last year's team but when you have a player the caliber of JaJuan Smith sometimes you tend to sit back and let him do all the work. This year it's a different team and Coach Elliott has the Cherokees playing very well at the right time of the year. McMinn also gave the Bears fits at BCHS losing only by 7.

The Bears were coming off of a long 11 day layoff at a time when you don't really want it and they appeared to be back on their heels defensively and on the boards. Give them credit though, they were down five points in the second half and somehow managed to eke out the win. It wasn't very pretty but an ugly win is a lot better than an ugly loss, especially on the road in a district game.

Both teams should feel good about their game last night!

It's gonna be a dilly of a district and region at Cumberland in a couple of weeks!

Oh, and one more thing pertaining to the official's call. A loss or win can never be blamed on the official making a call near the end of the game. There were plenty of other opportunities wasted by turnovers and missed shots as well as missed rebounds. The official is paid to call the game for the entire 32 minutes and not to stop calling it just because there is little time on the clock. Oglesby was definitely fouled on the 3-point attempt. I didn't see the contact on Price's missed shot because like a lot of folks, and most likely the officials also, I was following the flight of the ball and watching the scoreboard. It takes a lot of luck to run the length of the floor with only 3.9 seconds when ball movement is being contested from the baseline. Again, congratulations on one heck of a game to both teams.

Edited by baconbreath

If Nick Arnwine didn't act like a circus sideshow at Lollapalooza while playing the game of basketball and hence bringing attention upon himself, then he would be less likely to have a cheap foul or two called on him during the course of the game.

825553207[/snapback]

I love the way that kid plays, if only he was in cleveland