Whats going on with Oneida?

Traveler19

Whats going on? I have not been to many games this year, but the ones that I have been to, I, along with some of the people I have been sitting around, have noticed that that Coach West has lost some of his intensity and is not getting on the girls for turning the ball over or throwing up crazy shots the same way he used to. In my opinion if nothing is done nothing will change. Maybe it is just me, but hoping to get some replies.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching a replay of one of their games the other night, VS Oakdale the camera zoomed in on Coach West and he had his hands over his face. Whats up with that ? The girls are still winning for the most part. And they are still a very young team. GET OVER the fact that some of them use to be County girls because they are indeed now ONEIDA girls. Yes the team is most likely doing better with them but so does every other team across the state that receives students from other areas that just happen to have athletic ability. It just happens that way. I don't think the Scott vs Oneida thing should factor in at all. Coach....bring back the intensity you had before... it's called COACHING. If you are a basketball player...it's called LIFE. thumb

sounds like you guys spend too much time worring about what the coach is doing ang not the team. Who would go to watch a basketball game and pay attention to the coach putting his hands on his face. I don't pay five bucks to watch every move a coach makes. Especially one sitting on the bench. It's not like he's on the floor wanting to be seen. Hey "firm believer" I saw Pat put her arm over her face on t.v. against UConn. The reporter the next day said she should have blind folded her face and she agreed. Why make a big deal out of something so trivial. You guys are just looking for something to cry about. Oneida has played a brutal schedule. I would say the toughest for a single A team except maybe Clarkrange. That is how you get ready for tournament time. Asking what is wrong with Coach West? What is wrong with Oneida people? You have a very respected program that is loosing some of it's luster with complianing fans and bragging students. I'm am not from Scott County but I have friends there and have been somewhat of an admirer of OHS. I do not personally know Coach West. I do know his Coaching. He is an excellent coach and seems like a good person as well. I would say he is not yelling at the girls for a couple of reasons. 1.The youth of the team. 2. Junk like what is on this board, "he's yelling at my baby, they should fire him." "He shouldn't yell at those girls it hurts their confidence." The latest, "He don't care because he's not yelling enough." WHAT? Are you kidding me? Here's an idea go to the GAME to watch the PLAYERS. Let the COACH do the COACHING. Support the team, SHUT UP!!! Stupid junk like this ruins programs. Other option.......don't go to the games. Just support the team do bring it down.