Soms gut?

CoachGonyeaSHS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers...just curious, is the Tennessee traditional tournament seeded or is the placement determined by region finish?  Ours is by region finish and causes grief for many.

825556839[/snapback]

Seeds are done for region winners, but we must all agree that it's luck of the draw beyond that, unless you have things adjusted as I've witnessed in recent years and RC had to go back and fix. (which I will go back and claify above as well)

Again, one of those factors which 2nd-4th place finishers do notr have any control over.

soms

Seeds are done for region winners, but we must all agree that it's luck of the draw beyond that, unless you have things adjusted as I've witnessed in recent years and RC had to go back and fix. (which I will go back and claify above as well)

Again, one of those factors which 2nd-4th place finishers do notr have any control over.

soms

825557064[/snapback]

Soms, Do you even know why in the past that the brackets had to be "adjusted"?

Soms, Do you even know why in the past that the brackets had to be "adjusted"?

825557099[/snapback]

sly,

I think a rule was applied incorrectly last year, and the cleveland coach pointed out the misapplication. Based on, if I remember correctly, a previous placer in the bracket who was not given the correct seeding. I think the wrestler had placed in the tournament two years back. RC agreed and re-drew the bracket.

What's the thought process behind a kid being out if the guy he lost to in the first round doesn't make it to the semis? Why not just put him in the cons. bracket?

Also, in CA (if I remember correctly) they seed each weight differently and it's put out before the regionals. It has each region's #1 at each seed on the bracket, may have top two ranked in state on opposite sides. Then they place the other top 4 placers in each region in certain places on the bracket.

The thought process is that we do not have a double elimination tournament at state. It is a carry tournament. If you lose in the 1st round the guy who beat you must win his next 2 matches. If you lose in the second round the guy who beat you must win his next match. If you lose in the 3rd round then you will wrestle in the losers bracket against the winner of the 1st 2 guys that lost to the same guy you lost to.

Last year is not the only time a mistake has been made with the brackets. I remember when a Springfield kid was not properly seeded and the bracket was redrawn. I believe his name was Brooks or maybe Wells.

• 2 weeks later...
Too many factors in this one... gut doesn't help as much in this big tournament with several other great wrestlers, but as far as cancelling out the 2nd place team's points:

50 points possible, if BY CHANCE most of the Bradley kids are on the opposite side of 125, 140, 152, 171 and maybe 215, and perhaps a greater spread, if the REMAINING WRESTLERS HAPPEN to meet on the same side of the bracket.

Revenge could be sweet for some + a few more convincing wins + I still believe B. Felix can do better than he did, not taking anything away from another impressive Sophomore, Creagan. This could total 220-250 points, again if all goes as it should/COULD.  I don't think this POINT TOTAL is a record though.  Close, maybe.

soms

825556822[/snapback]

Only ONE team broke 200 points. Ill leave the analysis of the accuracy of your predictions to others.