David Lipscomb @ Martin Luther King

BigRoyalBen

Well, we all know what happened the first time. With that all in the past and with Lipscomb trying to hold on to a second place finish in the district, what will go down in the "hood" on friday night?

We all know that "Doc" and the boys will come out in the man to man and continue to shut down Brock and Mayes on the inside by fronting them time down the floor. However, if they can find a way to utilize them as much as they can, this one could be close. DL's guards stand no chance against the speed and agility of the Royals, but if they can slow it down and play at thier pace who knows what could happen.

My Prediciton-- Martin Luther King 66 David Lipscomb 55

The Royals pull away in the later half of the game... Lipscomb should be able to hold on for a while.

BIG BEN

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will depend on the DL guards. If they come out like last night and have 16 turnovers in the first half like against SC. It will be a long night. They need to respect the speed of MLK and not make lazy passes. I am looking for a better game against MLK this time. I think DL put to much pressure on itself the first time and frieked out. Good luck to DL!

This game will depend on the DL guards.  If they come out like last night and have 16 turnovers in the first half like against SC.  It will be a long night.  They need to respect the speed of MLK and not make lazy passes.  I am looking for a better game against MLK this time.  I think DL put to much pressure on itself the first time and frieked out.  Good luck to DL!

825559516[/snapback]

Completely agree. If DL comes out like that did against Station Camp by turning the ball over early and getting down by 10+ ... MLK is good enough and is well-coached and they will not like DL back in the ball game. If Doc gets a sizeable lead on DL and senses the slighest of a comeback in the 2nd half, you know he will do everything he can to stop it. No offense to SC or anything, but DL could almost afford to make 16 turnovers the first half and come out in the second half more controlled. If DL has 16 turnovers the 1st half against MLK ... we are looking at another 30 point loss I'm afraid to say ...

DLs guards need to come out and play the way they did the 2nd half against SC ... only tighter with the ball. SC is quick ... MLK is quicker. I think this will be a close game if DL can set the tone as early as possible and force MLK to play their game. MLK forced DL to play their game last time, and MLK did what they wanted to ... winning by 30.

GO MUSTANGS

Rumor going around school that coach P has something special in store for MLK this time around. Some type of 2-3 match-up zone that MLK will not be prepared for because DL ALWAYS plays man to man. One of the players even mentioned that coach Roller is going to come in and give the pregame talk and talk about how important it is to win this game. I am licking my chops for Friday night! I can not wait to us in a zone.

Go Mustangs!

No such thing as a zone against MLK.  they'll hold the ball.

825560030[/snapback]

...I, for one, cordially invite MLK to hold the ball. I think if they did that, this could become one of the greatest matchups in TSSAA history. I think if MLK holds the ball we could really see a final score of 6-4. Then we would have the priviledge of random people getting on our threads and verbally harrassing us about that not representing the sport of basketball.

Assuming gameplay is normal, the Mustangs are going to have to come out with their A game as well as some bonus intensity. Best of luck to the Mustangs. DL fans, might want to bring some light armor for the flying pencils and perhaps one of those Salvation Army buckets, so that the Royal faithful might contribute their spare change to a good cause as opposed to hurling it in your general direction. Just kidding MLK fans... I believe that was simply one isolated incident on your homecoming.

No predictions from me this go round. Didn't seem to turn out too well for me or the Mustang Nation. Hope both teams have a great game and of course that DL gets the W.